“Lobster barn”
Review of The Lobster Barn

The Lobster Barn
Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Abington
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Take-out seafood restaurant offering a variety of fried and baked seafood options and chowder. Also check out our raw seafood market and live lobsters. Hope to see you soon! Call with any questions.
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I heard it was good so I went for a ride down there. Then I got there it was someone's house that was pretty dirty. Anyway went ahead and ordered a 16.99 lobster roll on the menu. It turned out costing 19.99. That would have been ok, it came with fries. Watching them make it they proceeded to unroll a plastic bag of lobster scraps into a hotdog bun. And scooped up some fries that were sitting there when I walked in. I got outside to eat and when I went to open it the thing stunk to high heaven, the fries were cold and soggy. I'm shure that if you go to your local supermarket you can get a better quality lobster roll.
Not worth it, save the gas money ☹️

1  Thank Anthony M

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Warning, this is an outdoor help yourself or pick up and take home type of restaurant, no indoor seating. My coworkers and myself were visiting from Illinois and did not know this. Would not have been so bad but the temperature outside was 92 degrees.
Regardless, that did not take away from the tasty treats inside. I had the Maine Crab roll with coleslaw and fries, my co-worker had the lobster casserole with side of onion rings and the fried shrimp. Portions are pretty big, we all shared our entrees. The batter on the onion rings and shrimp was fantastic and my fries were done perfect. The crab roll was delicious, really good place to eat for that type of food. I was so full that I did not have room for the fresh baked apple which was a bummer cause it looked and smelled heavenly.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

The problem with clam/seafood shacks is what was terrific last week is awful
this week. They are like the cabbage patch dolls of old; no two visits are the same.
No consistency is the order of the day.
Enter the Lobster Barn in Abington Ma. Twenty miles or so south of Boston and no ocean in sight. Organized chaos greets the weary diner in search of the great fried clam. We are greeted by an open kitchen where another language seems to dominate the conversation.
But our search is finally rewarded. The best, tastiest, perfectly prepared, perfectly battered and cooked, mollusks are presented in all their wonderful beauty. After 8 visits
this season, every meal was exactly the same. "Heresy!" you scream. Such is impossible in the land of the fried clam. "Impossible!"
These are the greatest little wonders of the culinary world. Presented and prepared by a kitchen that seems to be moving in operatic coordination, entertainment in and of itself, all ending in the grand finale; the greatest fried clams I have tasted in a 62 year
odyssey on the trail of the perfect fried clam. I have been fooled before but not this time.
This is where all clam nuts should go to die happy.
The "clam highway" ends in Abington Ma.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

I have been a fan of this fabulous place for more than 20 years. I have bought their fish and crab cakes to cook at home as well as ordered their fried clam dinners. I was there recently and asked about a fish casserole that I'd had years before and loved. It was not on the regular menu, but they put one together for us to share at home. The generous portion of lobster, scallops, and fish was great, especially with their crumb topping. Good food and great service.

1  Thank Ragazza14
Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is the BEST little fish place around. You can get fresh daily fish, sword, lobsters, haddock claims. Or you can get them cooked for you and ready to go. I have them do a lobster bake for me every year. It doesn't get much fresher than here. Great little takeout place.