“Irish breakfast - Yay!”

Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We always go here for a traditional Irish breakfast when visiting our son at the Academy. You can’t go wrong with authentic Irish food, in a nice cozy environment with NO TVs! That’s right, even in the bar you can have good, old fashioned conversations! Imagine that. Love this place.

1  Thank julesx4mclaughlin

Reviewed 13 February 2018

My husband and I stopped here for lunch during our weekend trip to Annapolis. The food was good - I got the grilled cheese and tomato soup which was delicious. My husband got the fish and chips but did not like the fries (a bit dense for his tastes). The service was ok...I wasn't blown away, a bit cold but prompt and never overbearing. The decor was perfectly matched with the buildings old charm. The Irish music was great for that Irish ambiance. We would definitely come back here to get a beer and an app.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Have not visited in years; typically I go to the sibling restaurant in Davidsonville, the Killarney House. Was meeting a friend in Annapolis and we felt like a Guiness, so...
First, I love Maryland Avenue. Underrated destination for shopping, its located off of the Capitol Circle just beyond Harry Browne's. I prefer the layout of Galway Bay over Killarney; it is simply a more charming place. ONE MAJOR ISSUE: parking! Hit-or-miss, more miss. Give yourself extra time to find parking. Maryland Ave is a 2-way street in name only, and moving back-and-forth on the cobblestones can try one's patience. Try one block north, closer to St. Johns College. Once ensconced, a short scenic walk awaits you.
Service is great; pleasant and attentive. Had the calimari and corned beef poppers. One interesting observation: I swear the portion sizes are lager in Davidsonville. But still tasty. I had the sandwich of the day, open faced tuna- quite good. Chips were doused in salt and vinegar and greatly enjoyed.
Beer was, as one would expect...BRILLIANT!
Only knock, besides parking...a little on the pricey side...Not too often I rack up $90 for 2-person lunch...

2  Thank Kraig M
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Service and food was good , great choice of beers . We wanted to visit the bar during happy hour but we were too many for the size bar .Only bar area serves happy hour deals . Added some old world atmosphere to our meal with nice decorations and theme .

1  Thank Nan S
Reviewed 23 January 2018

This place has been a restaurant forever. The food is very good Irish fare. I believe they have acoustic music during Sunday brunch.

1  Thank watercolorjen