We stayed here December 3, 2011 and it was a great night, for what we were there for. The suite we were in had a hot plate, a sink, some cabinets, a four seater table. The bathroom was enormous, with one regular door leading out to the "living area" and a pocket door leading to the King Sized bedroom. Both televisions had a DVD player, which was nice since we were having a sleepover for my daughter's birthday.
This hotel is starting to show some wear, honestly. There were dings in the wall, and it was evident that the kitchen area was going to get a new lighting fixture or tiles, since there were pencil marks above the sink (backsplash area). The hot-plate had a non-working burner, as well. The room was clean, functional, and spacious. The pull-out couch in the living room is a double, I believe. There were adequate blankets/pillows.
We did use the pool for this sleepover, and took advantage of the hot breakfast which was included. Several other diners were there...one gentleman in particular gave me the hairy eyeball and was a little rude - but we did have a lot of kids so maybe he didn't have his coffee or something. Who knows? I made sure to make a comment to my friend (so he could overhear) that everyone's money spends the same... This is not a Hyatt. It's a Country Inn and Suites. Considering the cost, you get what you pay for. You want a no-kids, quiet sit down breakfast, go to a restaurant, buddy. Not a "family" hotel.
Back to the hotel - I would say that the hotel itself is average...not "very good". What bumps this hotel up in my opinion is the service. Since I had logistical issues to work out for the birthday - I made several visits to look at the suite, the room, set up, etc. (We had 8 girls at the sleepover.) I was always treated with courtesy and professionalism, and feel that with the amount of travel that I do, this kind of preferential treatment will make the difference whether I return to a hotel EVERY time. A really nice place that has a cold and unwelcoming atmosphere is not a place I will return to. An "average" place that treats me as a valued customer, on the other hand, will become one of my favorite places to go!
Enough was said about the location in some of the other reviews. I think some of the folks that were "grossed out" might be exaggerating since I found nothing disgusting about this place. Quite the opposite, in fact. I took my children (and others) to this hotel and found nothing wrong with it. In fact, they were more tolerant than some other hotels we've been to and we're international travellers...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Country Inn & Suites Annapolis. Less than five miles from the historic waterfront of Chesapeake Bay, the Country Inn & Suites in Annapolis, MD offers an impressive selection of rooms and suites with exceptional amenities. Just minutes from downtown, we are an excellent base for business and leisure guests visiting the U.S. Naval Academy, government offices, Anne Arundel Medical Center and the Annapolis Mall. Enjoy our convenient services including a heated indoor pool, Fitness Center, complimentary high-speed Internet access and free daily hot breakfast. We invite you to stay and see what makes the Country Inn & Suites one of the best Chesapeake Bay area hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Annapolis Hotel Annapolis
- Country Inn And Suites Annapolis
- Country Inn Annapolis
- Annapolis Country Inn