“Annapolis Bowl denied service to my 5-year-old and me. Parents and families, do NOT go here.”
Review of Annapolis Bowl

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #5 of 5 Fun & Games in Annapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: There's a lot more than bowling at this unique and creative recreation center that offers fun games, special effects and music.
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I visited last night around 6:00 to take my son bowling as a reward for doing well in school. While ¾ of the lanes were open (leagues were in maybe the 1st ¼ of the alley), the man behind the counter said "You're in the middle of leagues. Your child would need a ramp to get the ball down the lanes, and that would be distracting."

I stared at the guy for a minute. My son and I have been bowling together for a long time. I've never, ever heard this.

In the meantime, my son went down to check out an empty lane behind us. He was putting his foot on the lane floor, which he shouldn't have done, but I called him, corrected him, and he apologized. I was distracted, so that was my fault. I apologized.

The employee then said "I'm going to have to ask you to leave. We will not be serving you tonight. You can come back some other time."

Seriously, I got kicked out of a bowling alley because I have a child? "I'M GOING TO HAVE TO ASK YOU TO LEAVE. WE WILL NOT BE SERVING YOU TONIGHT." I was dumbfounded / appalled at the way Annapolis Bowl treated me. Do you really expect me to "come back some other time?"

I was just trying to go out and have some fun with my child, who is very well-behaved. Again, bowling was supposed to be a reward for doing a great job at a new school. I had to explain to my 5-year-old son we were kicked out of the bowling alley because they didn't want him to bowl there. He got his first taste of how unfair people can be.

It was our first visit to the alley- we just moved here. You would have made long-term, frequent customers out of us, our friends, and the social organizations we belong to.
I will make sure I share my story with other parents and groups in the area so they know what your business thinks of parents, kids and families.

9  Thank Eric0318

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We went for a bowling date, Annapolis staff was very nice. & very helpful. There were two kid birthdays going on so they were kind enough to put us at the opposite end that was mostly empty.
Three games were just under $30 for two people which I don't think was too bad.
The food (pizza) was pretty good. I would go back again, assuming my bowling got better ; )

Reviewed 26 October 2012

I thoroughly enjoy my experience whenever I visit Annapolis Bowl. This is from the perspective of someone who stinks at bowling, but loves the fun of hanging out with friends and laughing at her alley balls! So, while I can't speak to whether the facilities are great for pro bowlers, I can say that the Bowl is affordable and has a fun, vintage atmosphere, pleasant service, and a convenient location to Annapolis.