“Harbor Cruise”
Review of Schooner Woodwind

Schooner Woodwind
Ranked #3 of 31 Tours in Annapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: The classic, wooden 74' Schooner Woodwind sails multiple cruises daily (in season) for public and private charters. Up to 48 passengers on each of our twin schooners. Whether a couple, family, party or corporate, we can accommodate you. We also have a Boat & Breakfast available (in season) on Saturdays. Come Sail Away!
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Lovely Cruise!
We were looking for a way to get out on the water while visiting Annapolis for the first time as a USNA family. This was perfect for us! The younger boys loved getting to steer the boat and the peace and quiet of a sailboat was truly a joy. The crew was helpful and kind.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"severn river"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We took the 1230-230 cruise on a sunny autumn day. Captain and crew were friendly, experienced and knowledgeable. About 40 guests onboard---all ages. Beverages and snacks provided.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

This was a great trip. I was thrilled that we were able to book so short notice. I called and left a voicemail around 9am. They called me back at 10am and were able to fit us in that afternoon (and during the sailboat show which is a crazy busy weekend.) I almost didn't call; it seemed like such a longshot. And I'm so glad we did it. This schooner is an amazing sailboat. We had good winds and we could really see how fast this boat could move. Our captain was amazing. She could maneuver this huge boat through a crowded harbor so effortlessly. I was very impressed. I am not an avid sailor, have sailed a few times in the Caribbean. This was my first time on the Chesapeake Bay. I can't wait to do it again. Oh and the price was very reasonable. $35/person for 1 and 1/2 hours of sailing.

BTW, I see a couple reviews from others complaining they couldn't get a refund or change their reservation to a different day or time. I have to say, there aren't too many activities/events that would allow you to do that. And in our case, when I made the reservation, they were very clear about the policy.

1  Thank mquest
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I am a seasoned boater and this was a first for myself and fiancé. What a wonderfully relaxing afternoon. We did the 3 pm tour and there was about 10 of us and crew was personable and knowledgeable. I got to steer the boat and for quite awhile. We bought our tickets 15 minutes before sail but end of season and a Monday. Highly recommend Monday or Tuesday their slow days.
Can't wait to do it again and bring my family! Thanks again for making memories with us!

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 September 2017

My husband and I booked a "specialty cruise" for Sunday, September 17. It was a participatory sporting for the sail boat, AND 21 other classic wooden boats.

This regatta is an annual event in Annapolis, and we were fortunate that the weather [mostly] cooperated. The course consisted of 3 laps around a present course on the Severn River. Our cruise lasted about 3.5 hours, so it was both longer, and more expensive than many of the other Woodwind cruise offerings.

Lunch, soft drinks, and bottled water were included in the price. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the bagged lunch, choice of sandwiches, vegetarian option, and sides as well as dessert.

The crew was pleasant and efficient, as again, they were racing the other schooner, Woodwind II. It was a unique sailing experience, to see the crew in action, competing in the regatta. Additionally, the were info sheets about many of the other participating boats, which added to the fun.

Our captain, Jen, was engaging, and pointed out some of the landmarks on the coast, explained the course, and made periodic announcements about the progress we and the other boats were making.

Young children aboard our boat were invited to steer the boat, as well as to assist in taking down the sales as we headed back to our bert. Overall, can't say enough about this great experience!

Been to Schooner Woodwind? Share your experiences!