“Fantastic Take-Out”

Szechuan Express
Ranked #16 of 25 Restaurants in Abingdon
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 September 2016

A simple carry-out/delivery Chinese food spot with great food. My favorites are the wonton soup - best I've every had and the Thai curry vegetable. The soup: broth in itself is so delicious and the wontons are very tasty. TCV: veggies are tender-crisp and the seasoning is spicy/hot but not over the top.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

I guess because of the area, the location charges more for items at another Chinese food location about a mile away. To me, and the family, the food was not that great. We ordered from here because I ordered food from another restaurant and did not want to order from there but was craving Chinese cuisine. I will probably not order from there again and seek another place on the way to the original restaurant that I was in the area for.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

We order here often as we live nearby. Good food if you don't let it get cold. Some staff friendly some not so much, but you won't spend much time with them as you really don't want to sit down to eat.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

As far as the food goes everything about the experience was average....which is not to say bad. It is your typical Chinese takeout place....typical menu, typical assortment of food, and typical prices. The food I ordered was also typical of what you would find in 1,000 other similar places....which is good.

What was not good was the staff...there was just an attitude. I wanted to sit and eat at one of the small tables inside and it was like I was asking them to give me free food. Then, when I ordered my food I forgot to order a drink....well the guy at the counter could not have made it more clear that he was not happy with me because he had to cancel the original order and redo it ... Instead of just doing two separate orders or something I guess. No idea.

Reviewed 9 February 2015

Always order here - great, fast, reliable service and great takeout. Pricing is fair, and you get a ton a food for your dollar.

Been to Szechuan Express? Share your experiences!