“Local gem”
Review of Mac's Grill

Mac's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mac's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: USD 12 - USD 28
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We are a high energy restaurant with a vibrant neighborhood bar and grill appeal. Though we are known for our steaks, you will find there is something on the menu to please anyone in your group. We serve Choice Black Angus beef which is hand cut daily on the premises. Whether you are looking for a full course meal, or just out for a cold beer and a great burger, you are sure to feel right at home. So, throw on your most comfortable jeans and join us for a great meal and lots of laughs. Just a couple miles from downtown Auburn, you can't miss our log cabin featuring a comfortable deck for outside dining.
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I often forget about Mac's Grill because it's not on the direct route I drive to get to town. I met a friend for lunch and got the veggie wrap with chicken and mashed potatoes for a side. I highly recommend it. It is delicious.
They weren't a ton of people so it was quiet and we got our choice of seats in the bar area. I ordered a drink which was really good as well. It's at the bottom of the drink menu. This is a place I often forget about but love it when I get there.

1  Thank Jodi B

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We went to Mac's grill last Sunday for dinner. The food was great as usual. I got the ribs and pickled beets and they were very tasty. I also ordered the onion soup and it came with plenty of gooey cheese and croutons. I would recommend this restaurant the next time you are in the area.

1  Thank Notkidding335
Reviewed 15 April 2018

The steaks my wife and I had were delicious and cooked as ordered and the garlic mashed potatoes were very good too. What overshadowed the meal though was the hospitality, friendliness, detail oriented and talent of our waitress, Tracy. It is rare to find a decent waitress now a days, she was outstanding and a major asset to the business.

1  Thank Todd H
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Alright if you like to sit extremely close to other people...like 2ft max and wait in line for 20 min and you aren't picky about your food...then maybe you'll like this place...but probably not...it is extremely loud in here to the point that you have to yell at persons sitting at your own table...they have tv's on the wall which might have been ok...except who wants to watch Golf and Soccer ? Really.
Okay so we ordered steaks...bad idea...they were mostly all gristle and overpriced, but the salad was ok..been here twice and it was the same....we won't make that mistake again...overall this place is just an overpriced ,noisy, cramped, bad steak restaurant at best...where you can wait up to 25 min for no ambience and sub par steaks....definitely much better places in the area for sure.

2  Thank Maineproduct
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Went to celebrate husbands birthday and after waiting for a long time for our food it arrived and was terrible. Three of us ordered the steak tips medium and they were well done and very tough! Husband ordered a steak medium rare and it was very rare and not tender at all. Waitress overheard us talking about it and came over and asked how everything was half way through the meal and we told her the truth, she said we could return it but at that point with three children and already waiting we said no thanks. Have been here many times but this was not good at all. So disappointing when you spend good money on a meal like that.

2  Thank cmaine6

Been to Mac's Grill? Share your experiences!