All reviewsroom was cleanweekend staythe general managermainemuffins
Reviewed 26 July 2018

This motel is really up and coming. A new owner purchased the property about two months ago and is really improving everything. The bad reviews that you read are from the previous owner. One big point to make here is that is now American owned! The staff are the best. From the GM-Bud to the front desk, the house keepers and the best maintenance man around-Brian. They all seem so happy to be here and to have you staying with them. They just make it seem like home with a big swimming pool in the middle. Of course there are improvements that they are still working on but you can see they are really working hard on getting them done. Everyone asks how your stay is going. Heck Bud the general manager even comes in on Sunday to make sure all is going well. Take a chance like my brother and I did. You will not regret it. If you do tell someone and give them a chance to make amends. Don’t just get on here and write a bad review. Let them make it right. I’m sure they will. Their just that kind of people.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
RICHARD N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Guest: Thank your for your great review of our Fireside Auburn, Maine. We are under new ownership and management and are working around the clock to make our hotel the best value in Lewiston - Auburn. Yes the staff under my direction really enjoy coming to work and giving our guest great service!. Thanks John for spreading the word about the "New Fireside Inn and suites" and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night. I will start with some positives. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows that weren't paper thin. The shower pressure was good and there was hot water for a couple of people. Now the bad stuff. Service was ok. Breakfast choices were poor and one of the coffee makers was broken. The thing that got me was the cleanliness of the room. Crumbs on the floor, the trash was not emptied from previous persons stay, something behind night table, and spider webs on ceiling. Also should have plugs next to bed that are easy to get to. I am a person that keeps the phone near me and uses it as an alarm so it would have been nice to have it plugged in. I had family stay in other rooms and they were just as unhappy.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
RICHARD N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Guest: Thanks for your review. I am sorry that our breakfast offerings and room cleanliness were not acceptable. As general manager, I will review your comments with my management team and make corrections as needed. If you are ever back in our area again, please call me direct and I will see to it that your stay will be a positive experience along with a great rate.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here, our room was nice and clean and our house keeper Amanda was very kind and helpful. The same helpfulness was given to us at the front desk when checking in. It a helps when your tired from traveling.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
RICHARD N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Guest: Thank you for your nice review. We are under new ownership and management and have made many improvements to the Fireside. I will let Amanda know about your kind words and yes....Our front desk is the best!!! See you next time you visit Auburn

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

After reading previous reviews, we were leery of making a reservation. However, it seemed some reviews were probably less than accurate.

We arrived and secured our rooms with no hassle. Rooms were clean. No, it’s not a brand new motel but for the cost we found it sufficient for a nights sleep. Breakfast was not elaborate but sufficient.

We would stay here again for the price, which was lower than other options.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank NewmanstownTraveler
RICHARD N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Guest: Thank you for staying with us and for your review. You are correct about the previous reviews being less than accurate. Many of those were submitted before our new ownership and management team arrived on site back in late February. Since then we have made many great improvements and will continue to make many more. We hope to have you stay with us again on your next visit to Auburn and thanks again for the good review.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My flight landed at 12:30AM and I just needed a place to sleep. Immediately as I walked in the lady at the front desk let out a massive sigh and said "what?!" I told her I was looking for a to which I received more attitude. She said there were only 2 rooms available but neither had been cleaned, then said no, they were clean but smoking rooms. Eventually I was given a room and as I walked away I was told she couldn't be sure if the room was empty and just to apologize if someone was already there. The room itself was not worth a price tag of $107 either. I can't believe I paid more than $50 for experience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank IvanTortuga
RICHARD N, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Guest:
I am sorry that your recent stay with us was not a good experience. We are very focused on our customer service and your check in was not what we would expect from our front desk staff. We will review our training programs and make changes if needed to the programs in place. Please call me on your next visit to Auburn Fireside and I will make sure that your experience will be be much better