Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Lighthouse Inn(Lewiston)
Travel Inn(Lewiston)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskbates collegeandroscoggin riverriver viewnice hotelbusiness tripthe hotel staffcentral locationclean roomshotel restauranta great staynice roomfitness centerpool and hot tubwould stay againcookiesmaine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Nice Hotel if you plan to shop. Not far from BANGOR about 1hour and a half and only like 45 min from Augusta. and about 45 min from Freeport and 1 hour from Portland . the room was modern and big. The beds have an adjuster on the side if you want to change how soft or hard it is. The Breakfast is $4.95 for cold buffet or $10.95 for hot. just enough out the way not to be realy busy . but close enough to get to everything.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
HGIAuburnMEGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Thank you for your kind review! We certainly are lucky to have a waterfall directly behind our hotel. We often find travelers choosing us because of our central location as well. We are glad you also had an opportunity to enjoy our amenities and breakfast! We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon!

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may offer further assistance.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

A family member died and we needed someplace to stay before the memorial service. We decided on the Hilton in Auburn. My daughter and family were also staying at the same location. When I made the reservation, I requested ajoining rooms. When we checked in, they had us across the hall from each other, the receptionist tried to comply with the request. We left for our room expecting when my daughter checked in her family would be in the next room. About an hour later, my daughter checked in and we found that we were still across the hall from each other. I called the desk and the receptionist at the time said she would change us right away...and she did. The staff was so helpful and responsive to our request. They brought us new room keys and we made the move. Both of our rooms overlooked the falls that were very full from the previous weekend snow storm melt (our first room had a better view, while our daughter's original room looked over the parking lot). The rooms were very clean and comfortable. If we ever come back through Auburn, I would not hesitate to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view from 4th or 5th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

We are certainly honored to have been able to provide accomodations to you and your family during such a difficult time. I am glad that the staff was able to provide you with prompt service when honoring your requests and that you were able to enjoy the view from our clean and comfortable rooms!

Please do not hesitate to contact me should I may provide any future assistance!

Take care,

Reviewed 14 November 2011

This was a great Hilton location. The staff was very friendly and my room was very cozy. I must admit I wish I had that mattress in my bedroom at home! Soooo comfortable AND it can be adjusted from soft to a more firm mattress.

I found my level (4) was very quiet, no issues with maid service.

I choose to eat lunch one day at the hotel as I was on a time crunch. The soup and salad bar worked perfectly

As for dinner I choose the seafood casserole. The "gravy" and bread crumbs on it were not the best. I Don't recommend it for 26.00
on the other hand the burgers the orher table had ordered looked great :)

Parking wasn't that bad and you are really close to some restaurants and a few shops. I was told that Mac's Grill, The Villager and Chickadee's were great restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank stephers06

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I would have to agree that our Garden Sleep System Beds are very comfy! I, too, often wish I had one at home! I have passed along your comments to our chef regarding our menu as well as the fabulous salad bar!

The next time you visit I would also suggest a few other great area restaurants including Fuel, Fishbones, DaVinci's, Gritty's and the Vault. All in close proximity to the hotel wonderful places to have a great meal!

I hope you have another opportunity to visit with us again soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance!

Take care,

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Stayed a week end at the Hilton Garden Inn, Auburn in August. It may be the best Garden Inn hotel I have been. The place is clean and comfortable, the front desk is efficient and responsive and it is well located close to the river and the city center.
They have an excellent breakfast with a large choice of fruits, cereals as well as hot selections (eggs, waffles etc).
Decent gym and a nice pool as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences at our hotel! Our staff works hard to ensure that our guest provide superior service,clean rooms and great food. It is excellent to hear that you enjoyed our property!

I hope you will have another opportunity to visit us again in the near future! If I may be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me!

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Someone else who knows the area chose the hotel for us and we applaud the choice.

The property is well kept up. The rooms are clean and welcoming. We had a falls view room --so maybe it isn't Niagara Falls, but it was still Mother Nature in all her glory and we loved it. The Riverwalk is right at the hotel and goes in either direction. We walked along it before dinner. The hotel is also right at the bridge into Lewiston--which we walked across to go to Fishbones (10 minute walk from the hotel). I walked it the next day while DH was in meetings.

The buffet breakfast was well worth the price. Thank you, Carl, for a most delicious cooked to order omelette.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding our property! I am glad you had an opportunity to enjoy the falls during your visit! The Riverwalk behind our hotel has been an excellent addition and has become a favorite walking and running trail. I am glad you were able to enjoy fishbones as well. It is a quick walk and well worth it!

I have passed along your comments to Chef Carl regarding his Omelette! I, too, would agree that they are very delicious! If your travels bring you to Auburn again I would strongly suggest ordering one of Chef Carls infamous "kitchen sink" pancakes. They are excellent!

Thank you again for staying with us! Please feel free to contact me if I may offer further assistance!

Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch