“They hit a double”

Fielder's Choice Ice Cream
Ranked #37 of 105 Restaurants in Auburn
Reviewed 17 September 2017

When you go to order they have a huge board with LOTS of flavors listed and a gazillion different ways to order the ice cream (1, 2, 3 scoops, sundaes, etc.) I loved the ice cream sundae that I ordered. They allowed me to select two different flavors (of both ice cream and sauce) and they were all great. The caramel sauce was awesome but I would have liked to have a little more hot fudge sauce (it was delicious) on it as well. My spouse, on the other hand, liked the flavors of the ice cream he ordered but didn't like the tarry texture. I'm not sure what caused the difference between his flavors and mine in terms of texture but they were definitely different. The dining area was very basic and felt like the inside of a McDonalds.
I'd definitely go back but I'm not sure that he would.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We took our kids and granddaughter here for our first visit. They've visited many times, since they're local. We're former residents, so we were definitely ready to try a new business. I sample both the soft serve and the scooped ice cream before deciding on the scooped. The soft serve is very good, but the scooped was even better. Everyone enjoyed their ice cream, and I can say the choices are plentiful, and so are the servings. We will definitely return on our next visit.

My only suggestion is that they start accepting cards. The $.10 or so per order they save by not accepting cards does not outweigh an unhappy customer that has to pay a few dollars to get cash out of the ATM.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Staff is friendly, single room is themed entirely baseball- looks bare and somewhat dismal. Ice cream has good texture but not as chocolatey or sweet as this die-hard chocolate ice cream fan would have liked. I had mine served on a chocolate chip cookie w/ the best whipped cream I've ever had topped by a cherry. Cookie was middling, again. Serving sizes are very large. Taste isn't bad, just not as outstanding as I had hoped from other reviews.
Also, as noted, cash only, but an ATM is available right there. Prices are more than fair for portion sizes.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Ordered a baby size instead of a small. It was enormous. Ice was quite good. Plenty of flavors. Sugar cone or cup. Parents really liked it, so it must be okay. In a former fast food joint, so atmosphere isn't the biggest selling point. Nice job on the Fenway Park scoreboard, etc.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Amazing ice cream, they make homemade. Decent prices, WARNING a small is basically a medium anywhere else.