All reviewsfull service hotelflight crewgreat hotelnothing bad to sayspacious lobbyspent one nightfitness centerlarge tvconvenient locationshower headroad tripwould stay againcomfortable bedsstay awaywithin walking distancefront desk clerkthe hotel staff
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Stayed here one night as part of a road trip from Colorado Springs to Houston (via Fort Worth & New Orleans)

Plenty of free parking.

Room good size, microwave and small fridge. Large TV with many channels most in HD. Fairly clean and tidy, some dust around the edges! Comfy beds. Nice to see plenty of USB charging points. Wi-Fi acceptable at around 8.0 mbps up and 13.0 down.

Bathroom good size. Good size counter top and mirror. Lighting very good but no basin plug?

Dedicated large shower, water very hot with good pressure but restricted by the shower head to less than I would have liked. Shower tray had a dip so a bit of paddling and it was a bit tatty around the edges! Reasonable extractor fan.

Good size breakfast area. No free breakfast so had the room and breakfast package. Bit disappointed they had no cereal on the menu but eggs benedict was very good, also my wife doesn’t eat cooked breakfast so a large bowl of fruit with yogurt and hot water for her decaf tea was most appreciated.

As this was only a one night stop over not sure about close eateries around the area so we ate in the hotel Levee restaurant, which was actually quite a good meal.

Did not use the fitness centre or pool.

Nice hotel. Staff very pleasant and helpful just a little tired in some places! And can people please use a level when fitting items (large and small), made my eyes ache just looking at some of them :)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Richard S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Hotrod855

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

As a Spire member I thought the hotel was on par with other ihg properties. Did not take advantage of any amenities as our stay was visiting family and spending time on the lake.

The room was comfy. AC worked great. Keurig in room was functioning along with fridge and microwave.

Down side was that only one of the two elevators were operational during our stay and there are 7 floors. There were also several baseball/softball teams there for a tournament so they kept the one elevator busy.

Other than that, nothing bad to say. Will stay here again when I'm town.

Oh and ask for a room on back side to get a view of the river.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Richard S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Mr Frank

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown Alexandria. We look forward to seeing you again. Best Wishes Richard S

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel is in downtown and adjacent to the hospital.
The lobby was comfortable and the setup makes it easy for informal meetings.
The entire hotel, including my room was extremely clean.
It had ample parking and there’s a tavern within walking distance

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Richard S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Mason Orion

Reviewed 25 May 2018

I didn't actually stay here. I'm writing to give a strong shout out to Nathan, the shuttle driver. I was completely stranded at the airport at midnight with no means to get to the Holiday Inn Express. I followed the flight crew out of the airport to the shuttle van in the hopes of weaseling my way into a ride. Nathan informed me that the Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express were not connected, but offered to drive me nonetheless and help me out. THAT is what endears a customer. Were it not for an existing reservation and cancellation fees, I would have just stayed here and will make sure I stay here the next time I'm in town simply because of Nathan's professionalism, courtesy and plain decency to help someone out.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank M K
Richard S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Thank you for your wonderful mesage, Nathan Has been shown along with members of management. We look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed 5 May 2018

We were very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at this hotel....customer service is superb! The room was very spacious, clean, well-appointed and had a super comfortable bed! The large TV and updated bathroom made a great place to retreat after exploring the nearby museum, restaurants, arts center and sights. The visitor's center is right across the street. Will stay here on all trips to Alexandria!

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably quieter as there is a restaurant and bar in the lobby.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple