See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 January 2016

~~ Friendly Staff, Nick & Wife, is only decent aspect of my stay. Oh, and the heater worked and but was very buzzy loud.
~~ This was a budget motel 25+ years ago, now it's a druggie, immigrant worker, loud drunk people screwing next door, motel with lots of baby roaches, who weren't afraid to walk across my bed, pillow and face as I tried to sleep.
~~ Burn marks and razor blade cuts on countertops, cigarette burns in the bedspread, threadbare carpet edges, stained carpet, dust on stuff, tight hard to open doors, windows replaced with plywood, exposed wiring in fixtures, smoky smell in non-smoking rooms, Wifi was slow and ancient CRT TV was dark.
~~ The only reason we stayed was because of it's closeness, ( 1 mile ), to the hospital where I was having 5am Surgery the next morning and I didn't know the town at all. Not Getting a good night's sleep wasn't helpful at all!

Room Tip: Pick ANY other Hotel with a Known Brand Name!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom_Trifik
Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

Just an overnight stay in Alexandria Louisiana, didn't know if this hotel probably local book peak my interest at had the highest rating of any along this motel hotel strip on the west side of town. What got me on the reviews was the cleanliness of the rooms for this 1960 motor inn?
Not too many people at the hotel maybe a dozen vehicles lots of rooms kind of on a backstreet the neighborhood didn't look real good but that didn't bother me plenty of lighting security check in was easy. The room was spectacular as far as cleanliness the carpet was one of the cleanest I'd seen traveling for a week not as much not a finger print anywhere I would highly recommend this. What I didn't like was a $25 deposit up front that I'll get back in a week on a credit card, per chance someone takes towels or steals the flat screen TV, lol that makes no sense I would probably take the flat screen TV for 25 bucks, lol. Met the owner the next day at checkout likeable guy told him about the deposit I think it's kind of silly. Generally when people steal stuff its called the cost of doing business sadly but I would stay here again definitely for around $50 a night, hair dryer, iron, refrigerator, microwave it's a steal!!
See you again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

It's not a 5 start hotel, but the staff is very helpful! They helped with every question and concern I had. I will definitely be staying here again the next time I'm in town! The only problem that I had was the vending machine was out of Dr Pepper lol

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2015

We arrived at shift change.on a Friday night. The office was locked while the cash drawer was counted down, I have to say the crowd surrounding the office and pool at first scarred me a little.But we got checked in by a less than welcoming lady within a few minutes and off to the room we went. We unlocked the door to be hit in the face by the strong odor of pesticide and extreme heat! The ac had not been turned on( even after calling to let them know the approximate time of our arrival )and it was extremely uncomfortable.It took hours to kool down my husband even got a fan from our vehicle to help circulate the air and clear the air. The room was clean the beds are small and hard as rocks but we toughed it out anyway that night. With the rising sun came a better day. The day staff was extremly appologetic and went out of their way to help us..The motel was decent,old but decent.The kids loved their pool and our stay was much more pleasant. For the money you pay you cant expect 5 star accomadations.Just make sure you call ahead to confirm you have a frig and microwave.Dont expect a coffee pot, or a hair dryer.And remind them to turn your air on. Not sure Ill stay there again but it could have been worse!

Room Tip: Rooms in front are remodeled.Not in back.CALL Ahead and cover your bases for needs with the day staff!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2015

As you approach, the property looks a little shady, but it is actually a very nice area. The room was clean and the wi-fi was good. There was a shampoo and lotion that were both half-used; I did not have a problem with this (just go to the front desk and get new bottles), but I can see how that could be a bit unsettling. I don't know if that was a housekeeping mistake or if it is their practice.

The only real complaint I have is that the refrigerator did not have a freezer compartment. My wife and I stay at many hotels, and we like to buy our food at a grocery store rather than eating at restaurants. It's a little annoying when we get into a room to find that we don't have a freezer.

All in all, we were happy with this hotel.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business