“A FAMILY TRADITION!”
Review of Sentry Grill

Sentry Grill
Ranked #33 of 171 Restaurants in Alexandria
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This is a old time diner in downtown Alexandria, LA that my family has eaten at ever since i was a little girl. When i worked downtown Alexandria every Friday, i would order a burger and fries. Always so good. I was an only child and when daddy and I would go Christmas shopping for mom, well we always ate at the Sentry Drug! Now dad has past away and the family tradition of Christmas shopping and eating there has ended, but it really hasn't. You see, I have a grand dgt, Evie, who lives in KY but comes and stays in LA the entire month of July every year. So tradition has just changed from Christmas shopping to summertime shopping and still eating at Sentry Drugs.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

local favorite and has always had the best home cooked food that taste just like if your family was in the kitchen making it

1  Thank Lacey P
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Sentry grill is a good eat spot, but lately the service hasn't been as good. The wait staff is fine, the problem more comes from the kitchen. It took them an hour to bring me my burger and fries. The food was good, just wasn't worth the wait. I'd recommend this place to people who don't have a time crunch for lunch, and have patience. Happy Travels

1  Thank Westberry88
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

After a bit of sightseeing in the beautiful historic district in downtown Alexandria we stumbled upon this cozy diner.

We ordered cheese burgers and fries and had some pecan pie to top it off.

The food was delicious
The prices were good
The portions were great
The waitresses were friendly

The decor was dated
The place could use some TLC but I'm torn because the building is over 100 years old and in the historic district so there may be some challenges for them.

Overall I'd recommend it.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

This is a no frills little grill in a drug store located a block from the Hotel Bentley. The food was plentiful and very good. Most of the customers were locals. They all greeted us when we came in like we were part of the family. If you are looking for an upscale location, this isn't it. If you are looking for a great breakfast that doesn't break the bank, this is the right place. If we ever stay at the Hotel Bentley in the future, we would certainly eat here again.