See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Some of our valuable and personal belongings were stolen from our room, during our 2 nights stay. Response of hotel staff was that it was our own responsibility, as we should kept our stuff in the locker and that's it. Very poor and bad experience

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

its an old hotel, the AC in my room did not work, the structure over all is old and kind of depressing looking, breakfast was very poor (you'd rather eat cereal), BUT price is good specially for the area where its located. its very close to multiplaza and multicentro malls, its at the center of the city so you have to decide if you want a good 5star expensive hotel or a cheap one with no AC in the room for a good price in a good spot.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I'll start this review by saying I have travelled the world and stayed in lots of hotels around the world, but never in one like this. It was absolutely horrible: no internet in my room my entire stay (had to sit in the lobby area at all times in the night), bathroom was old and moldy, telephone didn't work (I literally had to walk down to the reception every time there was an issue-and believe me there were numerous issues), the hotel overbooked and asked us (4adults) to stay in one small room together, without compensation. This is seriously the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone else, ever.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2016

I have lived in Panama most of my life, and I see this hotel every day because I live close to it. On April 2016, I decided to check in because my apartment was being re-painted. It is good for emergencies. Good for the price, but be careful because it can be dangerous. The area is great, but this hotel seems abandoned. In fact it is as gloomy as any hotel you may see in a horror film.

Some of the dangers I encountered: an air conditioner had the cover partially opened, and the blades could have severely hurt my fingers. I walked down the stairs, and a window pane was gone, and if someone leans on the window thinking the pane is there, that could cause an accident. The shower door wasn't moving, and when it finally moved, it closed back and hurt my index finger. I ended up with a bruise. The elevator seems to be the only way to the first floor. I tried getting to the lobby through the stairs, and I ended up inside an empty parking lot around two in the morning.

Wi-fi only works on the first floor and inside the lobby. The televisions are from the 90s. My room didn't have hot water, and the air-conditioners are really old.

But it is good for the price. I'll give it that.

Room tip: You would be lucky if you got a good room
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Roddy C
Reviewed 18 February 2016

Just returned from a 6 night stay at Hotel Aramo in Panama City.
Lot's of bad reviews but as most seemed older I wanted to give a recent comment.

I did request a room on the back side of the building to cut down on street noise and they had no problem accommodating that request. First room the safe did not work so they moved me.
I did have an issue on the second day/night with my A/C and after reporting it to the desk I was offered a room change but before I returned in the afternoon they'd had a technician come in and repair the A/C in my existing room.

The room was not luxurious but was very comfortable and clean. Seemed to have been fairly recently renovated with newer tile in the bathroom.

The location is great as your about 10 minutes walk to Multiplaza in one direction and about 10 minutes or less to the Via Argentina Metro station.

The breakfast at the hotel was modest but generally good.

WiFi worked well for my stay with no issues.
There was a small refrigerator in the room which was nice to have for cold drinks.

The staff was responsive to my requests and always friendly. Not everyone spoke English so that might trip some visitors up.

I will definitely use this hotel again in the future as the value was very good.

Room tip: This was my first stay and I had a room on the back as I knew street noise could be an issue.
Date of stay: February 2016