Wife and I stayed for a long weekend at Costa Inn. If you plan to stay here, I would say lower your expectations:
- Hair in food (breakfast and dinner)
- Hair in "clean" bed sheets
- Soiled pillow cases
- Exposed wiring @ head of bed
- Shower head missing
- Condom wrapper in swimming pool
We checked in and went to our room. Within 5 minutes we requested a room change as ours was dirty, smelled like smoke, and the door bathroom knob was falling off. The new room, while free of smoke smell, had exposed wires that were by our heads, only one outlet in the room worked (behind the TV mounted to the wall), hair on the sheets / comforter, and dirty towels in it.
The breakfast buffet was unpalatable - we had hair in nearly every type of food we chose. I guess hair loss is is a real thing in Panama. Coffee was, well, crappy hotel coffee.
I was SUPER stoked on the roof top pool, until I found a condom wrapper in it. Lost my thirst to get in the pool. Maybe it's why the pool had a murky appearance?
By in large, it seemed like the staff didn't have the time of day for us (aside from the gal who checked us in), or any of the other patrons. When they were helping us, they were short and unapologetic.
Oh, and even though we couldn't find it required anywhere, you need a reservation for the return shuttle to the airport. Or plan on spending $20 on an Uber.
But, $2.25 Balboas at the bar - I guess there is one thing about the place that was redeeming!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal for mid executives and touristic customers, close to the entrances for the 2 highways, in a hospital and a touristic area, close to the shops and the bank area. 90 Rooms, TV sat, free WIFI, phone, AC, pool, free parking, free buffet breakfast, free airport pick up shuttle service available... Only at the exit of costums you have to go with the people of Viajes Florencia, they have orange shirts and say you have a reservation at the costa inn or please contact hotel with flight information, travel and tours agency in the lobby, restaurant 24hs. Good and well know reputation, referenced in the international guides. Manager 24hs. Free shuttles to Allbrook Mall at 11am, Free shuttles to Tocumen International Airport at special time 5am, 8am, 11am and 2pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Costa Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Costa Panama City
- Hotel Costa Inn Panama/Panama City