All reviewsel doradoquiet streetrooms are cleanaccommodationdrivertaximallairportcitypanama
Reviewed 8 November 2015

We came to
Panama City for a couple of days for a break from the terrible grind of living on a Costa Rican beach. It was our first visit to this city and we had two goals, shopping and seeing the Panama Canal. I booked this hotel sight unseen and were were absolutely delighted. We were greeted by Johann and his great smile, given a suite of rooms with a private door and then were treated to a tour of this little hotel. Johanna loves his adopted city and gave us great advice about what to see and where to eat. He connected us with Damien, who gave us not only a tour of the canal and many other points of interest, but also provided a history lesson and took us to a very good restaurant for an inexpensive but delicious lunch. The El Dorado Mall was a ten minute walk away so shopping...done!

The mattresses were comfortable (something you don't always get in small hotels), the hotel was sparkling clean, the staff helpful and friendly and the included breakfast delicious.

We'll be back, both to Panama and to Mediterranean Dreams.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2015

This hotel is fairly low priced. I would only recommend staying if you have a long lay over and do not want to stay in the Panama Airport. The lounges in the Panama airport are not open 24 hours so if you have a long airport, this could be an option.

This hotel is in a remodelled residential property. It has a room, bathroom and comes with a TV, free wi-fi and air conditioning unit.

It's kind of shabby and the bathroom has a little mould near the sink faucet and ceiling.

The staff was very helpful to me. I was too tired to go out walking to get something to eat so the attendant helped me order food to be delivered.

Room Tip: Rooms further back in the house may be quieter than the front.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2015

The room was just over twice the size of a standard double bed and there was no other furniture. The TV was mounted over the bed and looked like it could fall at any time. There was tile falling off the wall in the shower and cracks in the wall. We actually didn't stay there for fear of the TV falling on us during the night.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you check in otherwise you are stuck for the entire bill even if you don't stay.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2015

Not anywhere near tourist attractions and difficult to find. The ratings by TripAdvisor are nowhere near accurate, as the Mediterranean is hardly a 'dream'. Go downtown or just outside downtown closer to the ocean.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Sevaman99
Reviewed 2 June 2015

It took a long time to get to this place because the taxi driver did not know where is was and it was the hour of heavy traffic. When we finally arrived there were two girls sitting at the front desk chatting to each other. They were so busy talking that they didn't realize immediatly I had already paid for my stay, and they almost forgot to give me my room key. The room was large with three beds, two full/queen and a twin. It had a good air conditioner but was in need of a good dusting or more careful cleaning. A while after settling in one of the girls opens my room door and knocks AFTER opening, telling me that they needed to remove one of the beds. On Expedia I booked a triple room in the picture it showed two beds a king and a twin, granted I did not need that much space because it was only two of us, I felt they should have all spare beds removed before I check in. What if I had left the room? Would I have returned to a bed missing and no explanation?
This area is very safe and residential, however there are far better places in the same price range closer to everything in PC. The next morning we went into the breakfast area and was barley acknowledged by the guy at the desk. He was chatting with some woman who was smoking a cigarette and did not offer us juice and coffee until after she finished smoking her cigarette and left even though they stopped talking some minutes before that. The 'orange juice' tasted like water with a dash of tang powder, and when our pancake with a spoon of peanut butter arrived it was cold. I had high expectations of this place because of the B&B claim and was highly disappointed by the service I received. I would only suggest this place to someone in need of a cheap place to sleep.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple