“Disappointed! ”

Amador Ocean View Hotel & Suites
Ranked #97 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

This place is really a surprise for me. Dirty rooms with dead cockroaches in the bathroom. All the terrace was full with oxide from the roof. The bed was regular but as everything smells like dust. Finally here in TripAdvisor the show breakfast included and that was wrong, it's not included, so I recommend you another better options preventing you repeat our terrible experience.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

The offer stated 'breakfast included' (both on Booking and Tripadvisor) but we didn't get any unless we paid extra wich would have made the trip far from an offer and more expensive than other (and way better) hotels in the same range.

Staff was not helpfull at all, on the contrary!

In our bathroom we found a used glass full of toothpaste.
They warned us that stains on the towels would result in an extra charge of 10$ but the 'clean' towels were full of stains...
The terrace was not clean at all and the airco made a hell of a noise.
The stated pool was empty.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank An O
Reviewed 1 March 2016

My interest peaked as I traveled out of Panama City and on to the Amador Causeway for the first time; excited for a change of pace from the hustle and bustle of city life. And then the turn came into a large and desolate parking area and entrance to the Amador Hotel. For some unfathomable reason very little of this parking area was open and even less of it seemed to belong to the hotel. After lugging my things to the front desk I waited for someone to check me in which was done in a somewhat begrudging fashion; the fact that I was unable to converse well in Spanish put me at a clear disadvantage. I had read a review from some months ago on TripAdvisor that said the pool had been closed due to "construction" but thought that more than enough time had passed to resolve that issue. One woman at the front desk started to say it was closed but the other woman said it was open. my relief was palpable until I attempted to use the pool. The water was less than halfway filled and a hose lay mouth open into the hole but no water was coming out of it. The entire area looked like it had been abandoned years before. I gave up and retired to my rather dismal room. There I lay down and discovered the one redeeming facet of this place; the "ocean view" was truly wonderful!

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 28 January 2016

We booked this hotel a couple months ago after looking at their website. It looked like a nice place away from downtown Panama City and was a little less expensive.

But when we arrived, it looks nothing like the website. The pool is closed,empty and a home for small animals.

The entire area is under construction building a new roadway (not their fault).The lobby was moldy and dirty. The rooms although we're very clean. The shower didn't work, but we were too exhausted to be changing rooms.

When checking out I told them the shower didn't work, they said they would look into it and insisted on the 5 dollars for the two bottles of water we had from the fridge.

Do yourself a favor and stay at the Country Inn Suites near the Balboa yacht club.

Room Tip: late night parties until 4am
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2015

The views are amazing - entrance to the Panama Canal. The rooms are spacious and the common areas are very comfortable. The buffet breakfast is very good with a lot of variety. However, it is usually crowded so get there early. Staff is friendly and a good location for walking.

Stayed: November 2015
10.2 km away
Central Park Hotel
Central Park Hotel
#87 of 115 in Panama City

Been to Amador Ocean View Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Amador Ocean View Hotel & Suites

Address: Isla Perico, Amador Causeway | Brisas de Amador Center, Panama City, Panama
Region: Panama > Panama Province > Panama City
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #97 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Price Range: $66 - $380 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Amador Ocean View Hotel & Suites 3*
A unique location and the only hotel in Amador Causeway, you can view the entrance to the Panama Canal and to the City. Next to a Marina and to many tourist attractions, restaurants, duty-free shops, shopping centers. The rooms of the hotel are all ocean view and they allow the visitor the peaceful surroundings and views, but still very near the city, easy access to main natural attractions by the city. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amador Ocean View Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Amador Ocean View Hotel Panama City