Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Hotels.comUSD 94
Expedia.comUSD 94
TravelocityUSD 94
Orbitz.comUSD 94
CheapTicketsUSD 94
PricelineUSD 94
All reviews panama canal military base ships passing front desk staff comfortable hotel breakfast buffet hot water city taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2016

The hotel is nicely and newly appointed, with very friendly/helpful customer service. Bed was comfortable, bath modern and pretty.

Not sure how one gets ice for the room - the 1st day someone brought us some - no more after. We had breakfast included. While we missed western/US traditional breakfast meats, the fruit and hot cereals were good. Also the omelet was prepared according to my sometimes hard to do request.
The staff make dinner reservations for us each day at the restaurant of our choice to spare the restaurant our Spanglish.

The gym did not work for me. There was no attendant, and I could not make either of the 2 machines I needed work. Also no weights under 5lbs, that I also needed.

Unless for some reason I needed 5 star amenities, I would always stay here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Junesstuff
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Panama Canal, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Dear Junesstuff,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business with us. I am glad to read your positive feedback on the comfort of the beds and the helpful service received from our staff. However, we are truly sorry if your stay was not a complete satisfactory due to the fitness facility. Your feedback is important to us and it helps us focus our attention on the things that are important to our guests. Rest assured that these concerns will be addressed to the hotel management for review to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope this will not deter you from giving us opportunities to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 February 2016

I was recently here on business - had a great room on the 5th floor looking out at the first lock on the Pacific Ocean side. The bed was wonderfully comfortable, and the room well appointed.
Criticisms: The minibar is not automatically stocked. You have to select what you want and they will put those items in after you check in. Seemed strange... and no replenishment once you have consumed an item.
Also - the tea provided is cinnamon flavoured. No normal black tea. I really must have my normal black tea and the cinnamon flavour does not cut it.

Otherwise - the service was great - everyone made me feel very comfortable and the tariff was very reasonable. Will definitely stay there again!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 413peterw413
ArangoD1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Panama Canal, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2016

Good Afternoon Mr. Peter W,

We are really happy to read that you enjoyed the view and comfort of our accomodations at our hotel, is our goal to deliver an excellent service guest love.

we appreciate your suggestions and we are to take in consideration to our continous improvement.

we hope to see you soon on your next visit to Panama.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

While on a bus tour of the Panama Canal we were taken to the Holiday Inn for lunch. A very small buffet lunch was set up in an extremely small room which was supposed to accommodate 2 buses. Since we were the second bus to arrive most of the food was already gone. The server did not offer us any beverage while the others seemed to have pop or water with their meal. The quality of food was not what one would expect from a Holiday Inn! A manager stood in one corner, obviously to oversee the room, however we felt like he was making sure that nothing was stolen. No staff members spoke or were even friendly. Thankfully we were not staying here as it truly was a distasteful experience.

Date of stay: December 2015
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Panama Canal, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2016

Dear SBlack,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with our lunch buffet. Although it is regrettable that you found our property to be sub par, I highly appreciate your comments. Rest assured that it is in our continued efforts to maintain and improve our amenities and services to ensure that we are consistent in giving our best in everything. I do hope that you will allow us to welcome you back and give us another opportunity to make it up to you.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

I was going to tell you how great this hotel is....how the beds are comfortable and the rooms are nice and the breakfast buffet is delicious and the people are friendly...except that...the whole purpose of a hotel is to sleep, right? And if there is a bar across the street that is blaring loud music, with speakers outdoors faced towards the hotel rooms, keeping you from getting that sleep....not only that, but being quiet long enough to allow to fall asleep, only to once again start blasting you with music...well...that kind of defeats the purpose.

Not the hotel's fault...I know....but seems they could at least get them to blast the music towards the canal...not the hotel rooms.

The good news, I guess, is that supposedly relief is to come at midnight...I can only hope. And perhaps it's only a Friday night or weekend thing, but when I'm paying this much for a hotel room to SLEEP in after a long day of taking visitors sight seeing, I kinda really don't care.

If you want a peaceful nights sleep for the weekend in Panama City...this is not the place. If you, instead, want to party...maybe it is.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank travlindream
ArangoD1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Panama Canal, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2016

We are really sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with us during your stay and ruined what may have been a resting night. Despite of our lack of control of this kind of events is our responsibility to make sure you get to rest and spend a comforting night with us.
Extending our most warm greeting, we hope you may stay with us again anytime soon.
Regards.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

Great WIFI (free everywhere in the hotel) I enjoyed the specialty coffee store and the lobby community table where I plugged my laptop and worked all day.Definitely will go back, good value, good service.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Allan M
ArangoD1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Panama Canal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2016

Dear Mr. Allan M

Thank you for taking the time and share with us your experience at Holiday Inn Panama Canal. We are very committed to deliver an excellent service guest love. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Panama and enjoy all the services that we have for you.

Best Regards,