See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Rooms are clean, include a mini fridge, good WiFi, safe, a small closet, hot water and each floor has distilled water dispensers. Hotel is walking distance to a local bank which was convenient for money exchange purposes. The area is safe to walk but there are not many stores or restaurants around. The hotel has a restaurant that opens early and closes relatively late. Breakfast is included in the cost and it was good a portion. Their breakfast selection varies daily which is convenient for guests who stay for few days like we did. I was very impressed with the coordination and logistics from the hotel staff for every guest. They knew each guest by their name and what services were requested. The hotel has its own vehicles and for very reasonable fees arranges transportation for guests. They have no hidden fees & provide detailed receipts at the end of your stay. Every single staff member was helpful and willing to do anything they could to make your stay enjoyable. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank pvarela
Neville_A_Cross, Propietario at Mansion Teodolinda, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Thanks for your detailed review. You can also order breakfast from the menut, but the buffet breakfast is quicker.

I will share this among our staff. I hope we can serve you again soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2016

Spent two nights here for business:

The Good:
- big rooms for decent prizes
- included breakfast is decent, just make sure you get there earlier than later
- good internet
- hot showers
- nice pool

The Not-so-good
- place is a bit older
- location isn't the greatest, especially at night which means that you feel isolated
- like a lot of hotels, it seems like this hotel all sells day access to the pool and restaurant. On our last day there were drunk people at 9AM, the guys having taken their pants off and in their boxers. Not good if you are with family.

Overall a good stay and I would certainly go again if the price is right.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank chpy
Neville_A_Cross, Propietario at Mansion Teodolinda, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

We want to stress that our breakfast buffet is to serve our guest faster, but you can order from the menu at any time without extra charge.
We do receive time to time some customers that are not staying at the hotel to use the pool, mostly on weekends. We open this service after 10am, so most likely it was another guest at the hotel. We have dress code policy displayed at the pool. We try our best to enforce this policy and we have ask some people to leave premises when they violate our code. We apologize, as we fail to enforce the rules on this time.
We invite you to try out our newer rooms, that are bigger and have King bed for your comfort. We hope that we can serve you again in the future.
Thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

This is an amazing hotel! I pass one night at this hotel and it was incredible. People at the hotel are really nice, they help in you in your needs, A really nice pool and it's a good location. One of the things I'm really impress is the WIFI connection, I had like 4 -5GB of photos and videos in my phone and in 35 minutes I uploaded and sync all the data to my Google and Amazon account. Have never seen a great internet connection in a hotel.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank diegotc23
Neville_A_Cross, Propietario at Mansion Teodolinda, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2016

We strongly believe that having a reliable internet connection it is today a key part of the overall experience of staying in any hotel. We have a fiber optic connection with a back up link. We have being working, so you can enjoy that. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Well, my name´s Livio III and I just got back from a nice interesting conference which was the NicaTESOL 2016 where I was a speaker, I loved being there, the country and people but the food although I really hadn´t had the chance to try local food with the exception of tostones (Kind of squished ripped plantain) and quesillo (Which were little square of local cheese, not really delicious) anyway, I´m here to write about the hotel…

I cannot make an opinion about the price because the association paid on my behalf, what I can write about it, is the following

• Wi-Fi service is very good with little glitches on the service but quite rare and brief,

• Breakfast is included, not a buffet but for the first meal of the day is enough to get plenty of energy to spend, sunny side eggs, bacon, good strong coffee.

• There´s a little swimming pool and you can have some drinks, the chairs are comfy but I didn´t try any of that, I was on duty at the time.

• Service was great, all the receptionists are very kind and with a good smile, I liked Alicia and Ivania service, this latter was in the night shift, both of them, great guest service, security in the hotel was great there was always a guard around in every part of the facility sometimes I felt a little bit uncomfortable but I guess that´s better than no security at all.

• The room was great not quite spacious but who cares, I only need a good bed and a place to work my pending activities, the bee and pillows were soft, I can hardly say that about other hotels, apparently it had a tiny kitchen to cook, but I´m a man and I suck in that deparment, I have no complaints about the room.

• Location is good because is near downtown and you can move easily because the hotel provides shuttle free of charge for the airport (round trip) and for a small fare it can take you anywhere you want, some friends and I paid 13 dollars for a round trip to the mall around 9pm, so divided by four it was quite cheap, the only thing is not quite good is that it´s near some nightclubs and not the kind you´d like to visit to, so I´d stay away from them if I were you.

All in all, I liked the mansion and I guess if I get back to Managua it´d be a great choice…

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions feel free to contact me livioceballos@hotmail.com

Good day!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank LivioIII
Neville_A_Cross, Propietario at Mansion Teodolinda, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

Thanks for your detailed review.
As a small note, the airport shuttle service has a charge, it was paid by your company.
We know that internet it is important, we keep working in having a fast and reliable connection. I will dig out more about the issues you encounter to improve our service.
We hope that we can host you in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

The hotel has a lot to offer. they are currently renovating. The staff was great & cleanliness was excellent. The pool was nice & my kids enjoyed it. The gym deserves an update & bed mattress should have an upgrade in the near future. I will definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 916angelof
Neville_A_Cross, Propietario at Mansion Teodolinda, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

We are working one step at a time. This year we set five new rooms, but we have to keep up with maintenance. I will look into your recommendation to renovate the mattress. I also will check our gym, it is kind of a blind spot that I need to keep reminding myself to look more frequently.
Thanks for your comments. I hope you visit us soon again