All reviewsnicaraguan breakfastnice staydriverkitchenettecountryacairport
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Well, my name´s Livio III and I just got back from a nice interesting conference which was the NicaTESOL 2016 where I was a speaker, I loved being there, the country and people but the food although I really hadn´t had the chance to try local food with the exception of tostones (Kind of squished ripped plantain) and quesillo (Which were little square of local cheese, not really delicious) anyway, I´m here to write about the hotel…

I cannot make an opinion about the price because the association paid on my behalf, what I can write about it, is the following

• Wi-Fi service is very good with little glitches on the service but quite rare and brief,

• Breakfast is included, not a buffet but for the first meal of the day is enough to get plenty of energy to spend, sunny side eggs, bacon, good strong coffee.

• There´s a little swimming pool and you can have some drinks, the chairs are comfy but I didn´t try any of that, I was on duty at the time.

• Service was great, all the receptionists are very kind and with a good smile, I liked Alicia and Ivania service, this latter was in the night shift, both of them, great guest service, security in the hotel was great there was always a guard around in every part of the facility sometimes I felt a little bit uncomfortable but I guess that´s better than no security at all.

• The room was great not quite spacious but who cares, I only need a good bed and a place to work my pending activities, the bee and pillows were soft, I can hardly say that about other hotels, apparently it had a tiny kitchen to cook, but I´m a man and I suck in that deparment, I have no complaints about the room.

• Location is good because is near downtown and you can move easily because the hotel provides shuttle free of charge for the airport (round trip) and for a small fare it can take you anywhere you want, some friends and I paid 13 dollars for a round trip to the mall around 9pm, so divided by four it was quite cheap, the only thing is not quite good is that it´s near some nightclubs and not the kind you´d like to visit to, so I´d stay away from them if I were you.

All in all, I liked the mansion and I guess if I get back to Managua it´d be a great choice…

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions feel free to contact me livioceballos@hotmail.com

Good day!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank LivioIII
Neville_A_Cross, Propietario at Mansion Teodolinda, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

Thanks for your detailed review.
As a small note, the airport shuttle service has a charge, it was paid by your company.
We know that internet it is important, we keep working in having a fast and reliable connection. I will dig out more about the issues you encounter to improve our service.
We hope that we can host you in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

The hotel has a lot to offer. they are currently renovating. The staff was great & cleanliness was excellent. The pool was nice & my kids enjoyed it. The gym deserves an update & bed mattress should have an upgrade in the near future. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank 916angelof
Neville_A_Cross, Propietario at Mansion Teodolinda, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

We are working one step at a time. This year we set five new rooms, but we have to keep up with maintenance. I will look into your recommendation to renovate the mattress. I also will check our gym, it is kind of a blind spot that I need to keep reminding myself to look more frequently.
Thanks for your comments. I hope you visit us soon again

Reviewed 16 January 2016

I stayed in this hotel for almost 3 months and came to treat it as my home. The rooms are extremely clean and the staff is very polite!

Although the location is not the best it is close to the lake which offers a wide variety of restaurants and attractions. There is also a mall nearby with a movie theatre, food court and La Colonia( a local supermarket).

The pool is clean and offers a great refreshement after a day at the office. The gym most certainly requires some renovations and new equipment. The food in the restaurant is average, however the rooms posess the necessary equipment to prepare a meal on your own

Overall a great place for a long-term stay!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank alice758
Neville_A_Cross, Propietario at Mansion Teodolinda, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share a review.
We have a small gym. You are reminding me that I do not supervise the gym as often as I should. Not all our guest use the gym and from all those who use it, not all report when something is not up to their expectations. So we fail to provide timely response to fix and replacements. I will setup a schedule for inspecting the gym and not rely on feed back.
Not all rooms have the kitchenette, so it is a good tip to make sure you request that for long stays.
I hope that you choose our hotel in your next visit to Managua, so we can extend our hospitality to you again.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

It was my home away from home - stayed for almost 3 months for an internship. The location is not the best, but there are nice food places, casino, bar and a grocery store nearby. The hotel itself is great - you have a kitchenette in your room, swimming pool downstairs and office in the lobby. Staff are courteous and very very friendly. You can also get a driver to drive you form the hotel. If it's not too far, they don't charge. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Linh T
Neville_A_Cross, Propietario at Mansion Teodolinda, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2015

Thanks for your review.

We do offer transport free in a 1 kilometer radius of the hotel. Trips that are farther have charges. We have limited capacity for offering transport, so it works best if the guest let us know in advance.

We strive to have a friendly service, thanks for letting us know that you appreciate their effort. We share all the reviews with our staff to motivate them, they sure will also thank your review.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

We booked this hotel wanting to be close to the Canadian Embassy. At first, we stayed at Hotel Mozonte but left after we were given a small room with no windows which felt like a bunker. When we arrived to Teodolinda we were overjoyed with our room which was spacious, bright and clean.

We spent a lot of time at the hotel as we were waiting on travel documents from the Embassy.
The front desk staff were very helpful and pleasant. And most spoke English well. For instance, they followed up with all our questions and requests - they coordinated someone to come for a massage, they arranged free shuttle transportation to nearby places and $15 shuttle service to the airport, they provided a cold breakfast to bring on our departure since we left before the restaurant opened for breakfast). Front desk staff were excellent especially Anita.

We also spent quite some time by the pool and at the restaurant. It was nice to see maintenance working on the pool every morning. And even though we had our favourites, overall all the restaurant waitstaff were friendly and accommodating.

Extras that Teodolinda provides are a 24hrs business centre with 3 computers, free coffee in the main lobby and water bottled in the hallways as well as a gym (which we didn't use). We also found the reasonably priced laundry service very helpful.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and service at Teodolinda -I would recommend it.

Room Tip: RM 217 was great
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank TO_Chicklette
Neville_A_Cross, Propietario at Mansion Teodolinda, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2015

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We deeply thanks for your review and specially for recommending us.