All reviews across the street convenient place to stay international airport close to the airport breakfast buffet is an airport hotel rooms are clean late flight free shuttle shuttle service stayed one night pools convenience bw luggage crosswalk country
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I highly recommend staying at this Best Western. They are remodeling and making some great changes. The staff who work here are the best. They greet you warmly upon arrival, It is very clean. The restaurant is the best and the servers kind and patient. The menu is extensive. Be sure to try the breakfast. Cesar will make you an omelet however you like.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Accidentally booked a double room for one person, but was for me and my daughter. When I arrived with two people, they charged me an additional $30 for the second person, even though the room already had 2 beds. I had to pay but immediately went to the website to check. I booked the same night, same room with TWO people and the price was the same - not $30 more. The receptionist was rude and acted like I was trying to rip HIM off......it was the other way around. The Hotel is the same as its been for 20 years. They are going through a big remodel so it doesn't look very nice. Rooms are clean and the access to the airport for an early morning flight is the ONLY reason you would stay here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
jabu020360, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Because we consider your claim is really valid and we do apology for not having handled this as properly as it might be, we are adamant to credit this value to your credit card. I will keep you informed of this process.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

The only thing this "Worst Western" has going for it is location which is directly opposite the airport. The room was not clean and there were mites in the bathroom. The food in the restaurant was not edible (I can eat almost anything when hungry but, after a few famished bites, I found it impossible not to spit out the horrible "stuff" that was served.

Room Tip: There are other hotels close by the airport....choose on of them
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank CentralAmericaRover2
jabu020360, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

We are really sorry to realize your last stay with us was so uncomfortable for you.

We really care about doing things the best way, reason why it is really regrettable to read that we could not do it for you.

In this case we can only say that next time please you let us give you a totally different experience and you can rest assured we will.

Hope you let us know when coming back to Mangua, Nicaragua

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We arrived in Managua at midnight and went straight to the hotel across the street. They have several security guards and found that if you do not have your room key, you will NOT be admitted on the grounds to park securely! Which made our driver frustrated, but I was happy to see that attention to safety. He found the key, and we found our rooms to be very comfortable. We slept 3 to a room, There was plenty of room and the closet was spacious and bathroom adequate. Our friends had a slight issue with the A/C in their room dripping on someone's head all night, but ours was not positioned over a bed. In the morning it was glorious to walk outside around the grounds on our way to the restaurant which serves a great buffet. For dinner we had very tasty dishes. A very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

It was very encouraging to read notes like this in such an objective way.

We really appreciate your understanding about our security policies, that at the end they are for our Guests' benefit.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand, and of course we are looking forward seeing you here in our Hotel.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I only spent one night. I picked the hotel because of it's proximity to the airport and knew I would be arriving late and leaving by 4 am the following day. I gave the review two stars because the staff deserves a star and because you can walk across the street to the airport. The food here is just plain horrible. I was traveling with a friend and neither of us could finish our meals. I had chicken ??? hoping that it might be relatively neutral but it was rubber. My friend had pasta and the sauce was junk. Again the staff was great, food horrendous. My bathroom sink was covered in tiny little mites but it was so late when I finally got to the room and I was leaving in about 6 hours for airport I didn't even bother to report and change rooms. Room was tiny but did have two separate twin sized beds as advertised. The wake-up call was a knock on the door.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Best Western L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property, that as I can read was not as satisfactory as we would have wanted.

You can be confident what you wrote will be taken into consideration.

Because we value our customer, we would like to provide you with a 40 % discount to use towards a future stay. Let us know next time in our Hotel to use it.

Hope that you will let us the opportunity to provide you with superior service.