“Visit every time”

Cuisines: European, Seafood, Scottish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We always go here when we are visiting Kyiv!! Do you self that favor - and go there, you will not be disappointed!!

Iliana M, Manager at Whisky Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Claus, thank you so much for being our regular guest and for writing such a lovely comment! Looking forward to see you again and again!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

We were wandering around our first night in Kiev, with the full intention of finding a casual Ukrainian place for our first meal, but hubby was enticed by a picture of a steak...

We could tell it was far nicer than we were intending, but also a very expensive restaurant for Kiev, the prices were very reasonable for us compared to where we live, so we thought, Why not? 5 star meal the first night and we'll hit the cheaper places later.

We shared the scallops, bacon, and leeks appetizer. Amazing. We also shared the onion soup, very nice. We both had the duck for our main, and we were both very happy with it. Done to perfection, tender, delicious. We found the staff to be friendly, more than 'average' for this part of the world.

Was it expensive? Yes. Was it incredible food? Yes.

Dear guest, thank you so much for your kind review, we are really happy that our atmosphere, food and service touched your heart! Looking forward to see you again!

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Wide range of whisky, nice beer. The food is high quality and tasty. Few rooms for different occasions.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I am not a fan of fancy places but we were hungry and decided not to look for another place. Once we were seated a live concert began. Not too noisy with great songs.
We ordered, sipped our wine... And then the food came. The food was fantastic.
My friend ordered salmon that was cooked under 55C. I got fish pie with potato pure. Everything was so great that we also took deserts. I chose pear in red wine. However it was too hard and cold. I expected warm one and soft.
I didn't like it but I was still happy with the main course and the whole atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Arriving at Whisky Corner, their high quality (but not 'stuffy') service ethos was set as I entered the main door, where my coat was politely taken

I was quickly shown to a seat in the same area as the main bar (you could also sit at the bar, but that would have been a bit too 'Casablanca')

As you can tell by the restaurant name, the shelves were 'groaning' under the weight of every apparent tipple of that type on the planet. The leather-bound book with all the names confirmed this would have to be on any Whisky (or Whiskey) drinkers list

I actually had a Whisky Orange cocktail to settle in, after a short discussion with one of the waiters on the selection. It had just the right edge and taste for me.

Service was efficient and available without fuss, as soon as one made eye contact. To start, I picked really tasty blinis (cheese and tomato), onto a main course, finished off with a lovely apple tart dessert. Mixed in with that, a small bottle of 2015 Chianti, plus water all came to a very reasonable price when the number of items on the bill were totted up (I've checked vs London prices, and estimate the price may have been almost double in a restaurant of the same calibre)

I did have one quibble with the main course. That was handled very quickly and without fuss. In the meantime, I sat back and listened to a couple of very good musicians (guitar/vocals) who had setup in the corner (sound level was perfect)

The main room continued to fill with people (I'd arrived early). Some went through to another area at the back, and even though I was on my own I felt this was a very comfortable place to be.

Fairly easy to find as a location, once you know where St.Sophia's Cathedral is. I'm glad I was staying nearby, in the fresh air the drinks had a very tiring effect!

I'd recommend it as a place to go, sit, and relax. Local people I spoke to in Kyiv were also very positive about its reputation.