All reviews art nouveau boxed lunch restaurant downstairs live piano blue line complimentary bottles of water restaurants and bars cash machine chernobyl museum quiet area beds were comfortable great hotel local dishes classic style yogurt the room was nice main street
Reviewed 25 March 2017

I chose this hotel because it was near the people I needed to visit, so it was a good location for me, but not near the kinds of things that tourist or business people might wish were near. Otherwise, it was excellent. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms large and clean, the internet access were good--but no English channel. And the restaurant and room service were also good. This is a newer hotel and they are eager to please and establish themselves, so they were eager to do whatever I felt like I needed. I needed to meet with some people and they provided a very nice little meeting room off the restaurant at no extra charge to me. That kind of service wins friends.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Natalia_Staro, Директор по продажам at Staro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear LSTMARK, thank you for staying with us! The hotel is located in one of the oldest parts of Kyiv, although plenty of shops, bars, restaurants and tourist attractions are walking distance from Staro. Our team was happy to have you! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to hosting you soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Quiet in the Podil quarter, but not far from the metro and the river, I a glad I chose this new and well-equipped hotels with its kind and helpful staff. Nice rooms, very good restaurant, good breakfast and massage available.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Natalia_Staro, Директор по продажам at Staro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear reiner s, thank you very much for staying with us! Your feedback is highly appreciated. Come back soon!

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Perhaps not the ideal place for a male on a business trip. The rooms were a little over the top with the furnishings (is a gold cover for the spare toilet roll necessary?) and made it feel crowded. The red carpet didn't feel all that clean. The bathroom layout is awkward with boxed in pipes. Great service though. The breakfast was very average for vegetarians and the choice limited. I had to request coffee but to be fair there was only one guy serving. I think he needed a hand.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Natalia_Staro, Директор по продажам at Staro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Dear Daniel R, thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your feedback. Golden covers for the spare toilet paper roll may not be necessary, but they are part of the design, we have a lot of detailed decor in rooms. Our chefs will consider making vegetarian breakfast choice wider, thank you for that. There are pots with fresh brewed coffee on buffet tables, maybe you just didn't notice. Staro Team will be happy to host you again!

Reviewed 3 February 2017

I booked the Staro because it was cheaper than others in September 2016. But little did I know that the place is pretty much brand new, but made to look like it came right out of the 1920's. The place is all about the art nuoveau. The chandeliers, the paintings, the lights, etc. I took a suite which was very nice, but not really functional. It came with a big master suite bathroom and an extra bathroom in the lobby, but from the exterior living room there were no doors, so there really was no reason.

They have a security guard. The free breakfast actually was pretty good. The hotel has a weird shape to it. it overlooks a park, which is nice. Its a little bit of a walk to the downtown Kiev, but was nice to do. Its definitely situated in the old town. Its close to the metro lines, and plenty of restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Natalia_Staro, Директор по продажам at Staro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Dear David K, thank you so much for positive feedback! Staro Team appreciates detailed review very much! We were lucky to have you as a guest!

Reviewed 30 January 2017

It was really good stay. Hotel has beautiful interior and nice views from the 7th floor cafeteria.
Staff was excellent and very helpful.
Breakfast was very basic for me, I would have wanted something more authentic, but it wasn't bad.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Natalia_Staro, Директор по продажам at Staro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Dear Ernestasen traveller, thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip to Kyiv! We appreciate your feedback and will try our best to set a better choice option for buffet breakfast. Thank you!