“As much as you'd expect from a business hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Hotel Rus

Premier Hotel Rus
Ranked #15 of 115 Hotels in Kiev
Sydney, Australia
“As much as you'd expect from a business hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

I booked this hotel through www.hotels-kiev.com as well as my taxi transfer and had no dramas. I was constantly e-mailing to confirm and check things and they were always replying super fast with information. They even e-mailed me confirming flight times as Aeroflot kept changing, so she was ontop of it always.

I got to the Hotel at about 11.30 am (2.5 hours before check in) so I had to check my bags and walk around the city for a while, but the girls were nice enough to let me check in about 12.30 as it started snowing and I was desperate for a shower.

The hotel is quite old and the room is a bit pokey. Nothing fancy (I had a great view on the 12th floor though). The "King bed" was two king singles pushed together.

Staff were very professional and always nice. The buffet breakfast was great, the hotel bar was nice and cheap. Wifi connection (free) was strong and always working.

It's about a ten minute walk to the start of shops and the main street, but it's a nice walk. There is a nice Uzbekhistan restaurant nearby called Тюбетейка (Tyubeteika) which serves some amazing unique food with lovely staff.

At the end of the day, it's a business hotel from the 70's. The reception staff are willing to help, it has all the services you'd want and it is quite cheap. I did my laundry and it ended up costing me about $45AUD!! If anyone can find a self serve laundromat, let me know!

N.B. Do the free walking tours in Kiev. Well worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for one high up looking over the city.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

It is fairly priced although Kiev is in general an expensive hotel market. Room has a 70 feel over it although I have heard there exist newly renovated Business rooms. Breakfast is not so good. The hotel bar is full of working girls. The good thing is the location! I prefer renting apartments when in Kiev.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

If you are not into the fancy, this hotel is very well located in the heart of Kiev, walking distance to major attraction, on a hill offering a great view. Rooms are tiny and old fashion, the lobby maintains a rather soviet atmosphere which can be even fun. Good restaurant outdoors, with a decent bar and great service.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Woodland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

I will definitely stay here again. The staff was very courteous and friendly. Very "westernized". It is a short walk to the metro. There were 3 of us traveling and we had a two room suite. Very reasonable price for what we got. Very comfortable and clean. I was actually very pleasantly surprised that we had such a spacious room. In America I would expect to pay 3 times the rate. Breakfast was above average. A quick warning about Kiev in general: only take the hotel taxi cabs and/or cabs with a meter. We got "taken" when we got a "cab" from the train station to the hotel. The staff at the hotel when we checked in told us that, unfortunately, that is a problem in Kiev. I actually knew about this while traveling, but we were tired and in a hurry and not thinking. So it was our mistake. Everyone else in Kiev and Ukraine in general were very nice (once we got to know them). Just be careful with those "cab" drivers.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank k e
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

Excellent location 2 minute walk from metro - in town yet next door to football stadium
Ignore the elderly hookers that hang around the lounges at night
Free internet in all locations
Clean and comfortable