“Good ambience”
Review of MANU

MANU
Ranked #169 of 2,591 Restaurants in Kiev
Price range: USD 40 - USD 100
Description: The restaurant's cuisine is modern Peruvian Nikkei with the emphasis on South American sauces, peppers and spices used to prepare Japanese and Pan-Asian foods: raw fish, seafood, rice, seaweed. Team leaders in the MANU kitchen is a tandem of chefs Igor Kramarenko (Kyiv) and Thomas French (London). Under their guidance, each dish looks like a self-sufficient part of the restaurant's menu. Tastes overwhelm the truly fiery sensations. Must have dishes in MANU are anticucho veal heart in aji panka sauce, ceviche Seabass with sweet potatoes and corn grill, casuela Chilean Seabass with mashed corn. The MANU interior is decorated with natural stone and wood, numerous paraphernalia with rock carvings of ancient Incas, and flowers, complementing the atmosphere of colorful Peru. The restraint is located on 2 floors. MANU is the place of power where the pleasure of eating is not a cult, but an opportunity to restore vital energy. We are waiting for you at MANU at 94, Velyka Vasylkivska Stree.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was chosen this place for a nice dinner time with a friend . I really love the design and ambiance , quite expensive place , food which we ordered was nice but can’t say that smth really special . But the biggest problem it’s a waitress . First of all guy could recommend only the most expensive dish , the most expensive wine , without any thinking , only the most expensive ... but the final was when he brought us a bill.. where was added different cakes , ice creams and some service totally around 900 uah , obviously we didn’t order nothing from this and especially service for 3 people , after we mentioned it he says “ops sorry “ and cancel all this including service . We will never return to this place because to fool in such way clients it’s very very stupid I never saw such in my life . In any places expensive or not one of the most important thing for a visitor it’s how he was treated . This place has only good design . I recommend to management department of this place to reconsider the style of treating they guests .

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Not really a pure Peruvian restaurant but many Peruvian options, perfectly executed
The Asian food is good as well and I’d rate it second after Bao in Kiev, and I believe the best sushis I tried were in Manu as well
The setup is nice and the crowd nice, only the location is a bit annoying with many construction works going on
Definitely worth a visit and one of my favorite in kiev

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I have come here a few times now. I'm always satisfied by the quality of food, the flavors provided never disappoint. Service at times is hit an miss, but the food makes up for that. Yes, it is on the more expensive side of dining, but I would say it is worth it.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Anyone who has spent any time in Kiev knows how inexpensive good food can be. Well, Manu has good food but for prices that are comparable to similar restaurants in Los Angeles or New York.

But it's worth it. The menu is massive, which is important to me because I only eat vegetarian food in restaurants. I have little experience with Peruvian food (no, it's not the same as Mexican) and the staff was helpful in explaining what's what even though my Russian is rather weak.

The food is simply delicious; try the black cod and the corn salad. And the setting is comfortable with most seats being booths; if you can get on the patio with a view it's worth it.

Also, make a reservation! If you want to eat there at a busy time (say, 8 pm on a Saturday) you're likely to be turned away.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank DavidBenkof
Reviewed 10 June 2018

My favourite in Kyiv! Excellent Food! super Service. ...don't forget to order a dessert, you'll love it ;)

Date of visit: June 2018