“Gastro and nightlife tour from an exceptionally knowledgeable and classy woman!”
Review of Guide me UA

Guide me UA
Ranked #3 of 129 Nightlife in Kiev
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guide me UA is a company that provides private tours with local guides in Ukraine. Our mission is to promote Ukraine as a major destination in Europe, as a country with its unique history and traditions with responsive people and spectacular landscapes. We understand tourism not only as a leisure activity but also as an educational program to an unknown site.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Spent roughly 8 hours with Kate experiencing the food and nightlife of Kive, and I have to say she didn't disappoint at all. Talk about a woman who knows the ins and outs of her city! Kate started the adventure picking me up from my hotel. As we walked to our first stop she regaled me with tales of the Ukrainian revolution and the monuments to the fallen right outside of my hotel. AT the first stop she had me in a very unique place that required a Ukrainian password to get in. Once in I was treated to a wonderful meal of Borscht, and a pirogi type food that was filled with marinated goat meat that was exceptional. (She is gonna kill me the next time she sees me for forgetting the name once again!) The next stop took us to some street food , and finally a stop for an exquisite Chicken Kiev. (At this point I was too full to finish my meal!) There were also weird shots of Ukrainian drinks made with Horseradish that were quite good. After the meal we hit 3 local nightstops that were wonderfully...local. I can go to many place living in New York, but a local Ukrainian spot is not an option. Finally stop had me at a place where Kate set me up for a drink called "The Helmet". Once again, something you need to be there to experience, and only Kate will bring you there. Throughout the evening Kate continued the dialog about her city, and I have to say her knowledge was amazing. I really enjoyed my time with her, but unfortunately all good thing must come to an end. I will be back in the warmer months to continue my learning, and Kate will surely be my guide once again if she will have me. Highly recommended. % stars all the way!

1  Thank jlucca33
in 11 reviews
"culture"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Unforgettable experience, in a 6 hour private walking tour that allows visitors to discover the essential corners of Kyiv, seasoned with historical explanations to understand the history of Ukraine. During this individual tour we made a small break for a lunch in Kanapa restaurant, when I took knowledge of some of the typical dishes of the Ukrainian cuisine like borsch, vareniki, salo. Finally, during the tour through the main Lavra monastery I also discovered its dazzling churches with their golden beautiful domes, which symbolize many of the passages of the ancient and contemporary history of this beautiful country.

I have to thank my private tour guide, Kate, for this wonderful day, the best sightseeing tour to start understanding the heart of this beautiful city.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Many many thanks Kate for the incredible tour and wonderful evening. It’s totally worth it as you’ll explore hidden places and secret bars and get of course local and history information as well. More than highly recommend it. Especially as we decided it very spontaneously.

Kate_Dobromishev, Owner at Guide me UA, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

And thank you for the opportunity to meet German Bradley Cooper. I was glad to show you around.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Kate was an amazing tour guide whom we would highly recommend. She organised a very thorough and interesting itinerary through Kiev for my relatives that ranged from 7 years old to 67 years old!! She organised a comfortable bus and driver to take us around the main sites and travelling from Kiev to Mezhyhirya. It was well organised, and well guided... Kate was also very attentive to all our individual needs. Our trip culminated at the Museum of WW2.... we would highly recommend this company to anyone who are going to visit Ukrainian capital.