“worse than terrible”

and 1 more site!
Hostel Central Station
Ranked #206 of 316 Speciality Lodging in Belgrade
Reviewed 30 July 2017

They did not change the linen somebody used for long, just gave new sheet. I killed some small insect in the bed, that looked like a flea (there are cats everywhere), but the bites on my hands were bigger, so there must be bedbugs. The bed is STINKY. No towels. I asked for a quiet room, and it could be, but somebody was talking all night long - and l'm almost sure that was the receptionist. He always hears a radio loudly. It isvery dirty everywhere. Weak wifi. And he made me pay 2500 per night! Take a look at the true pricelist l found in the room. There are more than plenty hostels and hotels around, pick another one!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Dingey and smells of cats. Belgrade is a hard and poor city, but I am sure you can find better hostels than this one. It is directly opposite the main Railway Station of Belgrade.. its on!y good point.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Imagine having to sleep with the air conditioner/heater broken in the middle of winter, with the temperature hovering arouund about 0- -1 Celsius. I could, but barely. The whole place stink of cigarette smoke when I checked in, and it took a few hours for the smell to go away. At least one of the bathrooms is not supplied with toilet paper.

Did I mention the heater was not working? Yes. I woke up at 3.45 am becuase it was too cold and informed the staff, and all she could manage to provide was an extra blanket, which was obviously insufficient.

I don't mind the old dingy look the building has, or even the unpleasant smell (considering the type of accommodation), but the could do well to invest in a few portable heaters instead of relying on old broken air conditioners.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2015

I went to Belgrade without any preparations, so this was one of the first hostels I saw and I just went there. The guy at the reception was very honest in telling me that they received a lot of refugees from the Syrian and IS wars, so if I had problems with that, I should go to another hostel. I didn't really mind and I thought it was nice of them to do this, so I stayed.
The hostel was just fine and the staff was helpful, but I hate to say I had terrible experiences with the refugees.
The first night there were Syrians. Nice guys, but the next day I found out one of them stole my phone charger. The only thing I had kept outside my locker. I wasn't even too mad about that and the guy from the reception let me use his charger until I bought a new one.
The second night there were people from Iraq. They entered the room in the middle of the night, turned on the light, and started chatting for hours. One of them even started smoking! I got the guy from the reception to tell them that was not acceptable, but half an hour later the next cigarette was lighted... The next morning the bathroom was stinking of cigarettes so bad it almost made me sick.
All in all, the hostel was good, but I'm never sleeping in a hostel that accepts refugees anymore, even though I know that these few cases don't represent the whole bunch.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Johan D
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Very good accommodation with mediocre service and location. Big rooms, (not a lot of charging points), and good wifi. Service was alright, but could be a little cranky. Location is a little too far from the real center (you have to walk all the way up), but it's okay.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends