See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2015

I went to Belgrade without any preparations, so this was one of the first hostels I saw and I just went there. The guy at the reception was very honest in telling me that they received a lot of refugees from the Syrian and IS wars, so if I had problems with that, I should go to another hostel. I didn't really mind and I thought it was nice of them to do this, so I stayed.
The hostel was just fine and the staff was helpful, but I hate to say I had terrible experiences with the refugees.
The first night there were Syrians. Nice guys, but the next day I found out one of them stole my phone charger. The only thing I had kept outside my locker. I wasn't even too mad about that and the guy from the reception let me use his charger until I bought a new one.
The second night there were people from Iraq. They entered the room in the middle of the night, turned on the light, and started chatting for hours. One of them even started smoking! I got the guy from the reception to tell them that was not acceptable, but half an hour later the next cigarette was lighted... The next morning the bathroom was stinking of cigarettes so bad it almost made me sick.
All in all, the hostel was good, but I'm never sleeping in a hostel that accepts refugees anymore, even though I know that these few cases don't represent the whole bunch.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Johan D
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Very good accommodation with mediocre service and location. Big rooms, (not a lot of charging points), and good wifi. Service was alright, but could be a little cranky. Location is a little too far from the real center (you have to walk all the way up), but it's okay.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jonnezom
A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 9 April 2015

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2015 via mobile

Not as nice as the pictures.. There are many changes that are badly done. The building is very old. The decoration is not nice and there is no soundproofing. The doors are old and easily can be open. There is no dinning room only chair in the hall. One of the computers is broken. The staff though is very helpfull and nice.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I escorted my handicapped 84-year old mother on an overseas odyssey, 07JUN-29JUL2014, that terminated 2 weeks early due her suffering AMS in Lhasa, Tibet. My planning for this excursion used Istanbul, Turkey, as the hinge; we spent the first month going ads far West as Wales, the second month going as far East as Hong Kong. It was during the first month that we were traveling by train from ZurichCH to Zagreb, Croatia, where I thought we'd overnight, then catch the train the next day onto Belgrade-Thesoloniki-Athens-Selcuk/Istanbul. However, upon arrival in Zagreb, I saw that the train for Belgrade was departing within a half-hour and immediately chased away the thoughts of bus or train to/through Albania. After stationing my Mum in the cool shade of the underground passage, I rushed over to the ticket window, bought two tix with Euros and we were soon underway to the fabled-and NATO bombed-city.
After several hours, we arrived there, where I felt a curtain amount of anxiety; I had abandoned confirmed reservations at a YH in Zagreb for what?
Would I be able to find any overnight possibility? Would I be able to access a computer to cancel my Zagreb reservation? Will it be a cold (or hot) night on the park benches, compelling my aged mother to doubt me as a reliable source of effective travel and possibly move her closer to death?
Anyway, I was SO IMMENSELY PLEASED when, after stationing her close to the forex window with reading material on her kindle, that I saw this hostel (across the broad avenue) as soon as I walked out of the station. Dodging my way across the multiple lanes of traffic and trolley tracks, I went through a secure doorway, up some slightly rickety stairs, into a wonderful, high-ceilinged hostel with computer access and English-speaking managers.
Not only was I able to secure a room with two beds, the computers were available for my use, which quickly became my way to cancel Zagreb and hopefully not loose too much money. The computer also became my first opportunity to print out my Tibet Travel Permit (TTP), required for our transit there next month (little did I know that the TTP was inadequate, having only 3 of the requisite 4 official permission/stamps; but that is another story) I was delighted in every way, especially upon the recommendation of a marvelous eatery, prior to retiring for the night.
Of course, my mother was equally happy EXCEPT for the rickety stairwell climb--had she been more disabled that on a cane, she would not have been able to make the ascent.
After our most satisfactory night of rest, we spend much of the following day exploring Zagreb. It was absolutely charming, and we could have spend another day or two learning about the area. However, we had an (18:00) couchette to Thessalonki, followed by another day-train to Athens...!
Anyway, this hostel was exactly in the right place at the right time and was perfect for us. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Room Tip: The well-equipped bathrooms can be confusing--(older) man did not differentiate the male & female symbol very well. Of course, they are a bit ambiguous anyway!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends