1,294 results
All reviewswine and cheesemassage chairadjustable bedselectric curtainson arrivalold townpiata romanashower headquiet streetremote controlnespresso machinesmall hotelbreakfast was amazingboutique hotelside streetwelcome drinkmodern design
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Simplistic and minimal design!
Very polite and helpful staff, all rooms had high hygiene standards and the hotel is centraly located. The electrically moving beds make the difference as well!

6 friends from various countries, chose this hotel for our reunion! So good decision!

Excellent value for money!

Room Tip: Rooms close to the street/reception (1st floor) have the possibility of having some additional noice. Not something very serious but it might count for a good sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Icantfindaname
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

One of the best things of modern transportation and communications is getting people together fast and easy from many different corners of the world, so it is a pleasure for me you chose Christina for your reunion. Thank you very much for your review and pictures!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Situated on a small street by Dorobanti,this hotel was a surprise to me,being used to the patterns of hotels in Bucharest.It's quiet,the breakfast is wonderful,the restaurant is fantastic!The place has a feeling of modern boutique british style.Room unconventional with all amenities(loved the tea maker and the bathroom),very good sleeping conditions(perfect pillows,sheets,mattress),staff very helpful.Altogether a nice experience!Recommend!

Room Tip: Mine was at top floor,viewing backwards from entrance.Just,perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Horatiu D

Some people say and we like to think that Romanians are one of the most hospitable people in the world, but for sure there are some big problems in the hotels domain in Bucharest. So we tried to bring something else to our guests and actually leave up to the saying I just mentioned. Thank you very much for your review and for choosing Christina!

Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

Rooms were very nice and clean. Employees very friendly. Spoke english. Received a free wine and cheese welcoming snack. They made us sandwiches and coffee for the trip to the airport. Provide shuttle service for a fee. Gave us some great tips for nearby restaurants. I will stay here again, next time in Bucharest!

• Stayed: October 2012
5  Thank blackrascal

I am glad we could make your stay in Bucharest comfortable! Thank you very much for your review and we will be waiting you next time you visit!

Reviewed 31 October 2012

I was in Bucharest for two days business trip and needed to stay there from 25th to 27th of October . I had chosen the Hotel because of the high reputation at the trip advisor website. Frankly I had some bad experiences with some Hotels to meet the expectation despite high points given by trip advisor users. For Sure Hotel Christina was not one of these.

The room was clean and neat. The design of the rooms are minimalist but you can find whatever you need. The breakfast was one of the best breakfast that I had had at an hotel. Tea options (variety was good only there was no linden tea which is not a big deal), cheese options, fresh orange juice (really fresh), omelets everything was perfect. I really enjoyed the breakfast. I also had met with some business partners at the lobby of the hotel and they even supplied my business partner with a laptop to check some info from internet. Wi-fi works flawless. It was a religious holiday and I had video conference with my family members easily with my I-Pad.

I cannot also say something bad about the staff they are friendly and helpful. I really never felt myself annoyed with them. Hospitality was not fake. Whatever I asked was met.

The location of the hotel is very good. It is just walking distance to Romana square and not so far away to the historic Bucharest.

The only problem I met was I had an A/C unit at the balcony of the room. The noise was really disturbing me and made me sleep late. Since I am sensitive to this kind of engine noise normally when I travel I take a pair earplugs or wax but this time I forgot to do.

I informed management about the case and told them I don't want to change the room but it should be nice if they can arrange me a pair of earplugs. When I returned to the hotel I found out that they had already bought a pair of ear plugs for me (My business partner told me not to expect that they will bring me some but I was sure that they will do so I won the bet) . It was very nice of them. They never ignored the case and never try to make tap dancing. It really made me feel good.

The management is aware of the high reputation of the hotel and they want to keep this as it is. Definitely they will keep it.

As a result, I will be staying at Christina Hotel in every single visit of mine to Bucharest and I offer everyone to do so.

Room Tip: It is good to ask a room without A/C unit. Preferably the ones with no balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Kursat C
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2012

Glad we could help you win that bet! But now, as winter and cold temperatures are coming, I’m sure that people won’t use the A/Cs as often, so it shouldn’t be a problem anymore. If you mentioned the conference with your family, I would like to take the opportunity to tell you about the smart TV in the dining area which has features like Skype for example, don’t hesitate to ask about it at the reception. Thank you very much for your review, we will be waiting you again with the same warmth when you visit next time Bucharest!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

There are a lot of nice things to say about this hotel. Architecturally, it's cheerful and playful, with lights built into everything, up to and including the showerheads. The whole building is like a bright plastic kids toy. Despite that, the hotel, it is tastefully done, and impeccably well-designed in terms of convenience and amenities. The internet worked well, there were plenty of plugs, pillowside light switches (for lights that were, of course, embedded in the architecture), a remote control for the window treatments.

So, all that is nice. Breakfast was excellent.

But, as most reviewers emphasize, what really stands out at Hotel Christina is the staff, who are tirelessly helpful, friendly, and cheerful. We showed up for breakfast just before 11 am (breakfast, at least on weekends, is 'til 11 am!), and were greeted with a full, well-maintained buffet, fresh cappuccinos, and smiles, even as we lingered past the hour. Every contact we had with staff, extended our reservation at the reception, asking for a cab, asking for help with the (rather elaborate!) room lighting was a pleasure, and every concern was energetically addressed.

For people new to Bucharest, the location might be a bit of a put off. It's quite near Piata Romana at the northern edge of the heart if the city, but it's down a sidestreet and off to the right. The neighborhood is nice, with interesting architecture -- some resplendent, some in dreary decay, all juxtaposed with the brash modernity of new constructions in a melange very typical of the erstwhile "small Paris". There are great walks, to the north away from the center as well as back towards Piata Romana and the old city, but if you're shy and looking for convenience to the center, the hotel is just slightly out of the way.

But if you enjoy a (short) walk -- to the center, the subway, or everywhere else -- Hotel Christina is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank SomeDudeSteve

I am glad to know you enjoyed the Christina experience; it was a pleasure to have you as our guest! Regarding the breakfast, sometimes it can make a difference between a grumpy day and a beautiful one full of optimism, so naturally we put all of our best efforts in it. Thank you for the good observations about the architecture around, I am sure allot of people reading the reviews are interested. Bucharest’s pre-communist architecture really has something special to show and with a little bit of renovations there and here, I’m sure the capital will have a much more coherent one in the near future. Thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor!