Movie Hotel
Travelocity
USD 106*
USD 86*
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 January 2017

We stayed there for three nights and it was much better than expected. Rooms were very nice and clean, food in restaurant was delicious and stuff was also very friendly and helpful. At friday night there was party in pub, some band was playing, we had great time. Location is fine, close to city centre, but anyway, tram station is in front of hotel so you can get where ever you want to. Price is cheep for what you get.

Room Tip: We were in triple room, name was Arnold Schwarzenegger. :D
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Amateur mistakes and rude, I do not have words to describe how bad service hotel. After I booked and paid double room, arrogant lady from the hotel called me and said they were mistakenly booked a single room and offered me a second date as a solution. Since I no other date has not responded, but did not have enough time to look for other accommodation I was forced to take the single room. So two people are sleeping in bed for one person, and we paid double room. At the end of the staff did not even apologized for the huge mistakes. Never again...

Stayed: November 2016
1  Thank Dzenan P
Reviewed 15 September 2016

It is ridiculous that this hotel has 3 stars below it’s name. This could be some kind of old fashion cheap hotels, where you pay maximum 20 euro per night and breakfast. Nice pub in the ground floor where is also old fashioned reception desk situated. So far so good. After registration you enter in an elevator which is actually kind of elevator you can find in old socialist building (I am Croat so unfortunately I know those things). When you get out on the first floor than you realise that you are actually in residential building…the whole first floor of that building is converted to so called HOTEL. There are two sets of rooms and I got Naomi Campbell room (single use). Small overused room with old parquet, one electricity socket, a locker you can’t actually open, blue old blanket over the bed, TV that doesn’t work. There is Wi-fi and it is pretty fast too, but wi-fi crashed three times during my stay there, every time asking me to reenter password. There is actually mini-bar, but when you open it you realise that it is not working. Ok, I said to myself..I am here for just one night. Breakfast in the morning: two plates, on each one there are half -transparent slices of cheese, ham and some kind of sausage. Small packs of pate and marmalade. A bunch of boiled eggs…and the highlight of the day: salted anchovies. On the other table there are several different kinds of tea, but if you want to make yourself a tea, no problem but you need to go to the hotel bar and ask for some boiled water. When I left my three star hotel room I took a peep in other rooms that were open. I must admit that I was in the worst room and other rooms, at least in that moment, seemed prettier.
Overall - 1 star, not 3. I survived but I will never stay in that hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2016

I thought I had made a mistake after booking this hotel then seeing it's reviews. I decided to go ahead anyway as it was only for a couple of nights and was too late to change. I was happy to that it wasn't as bad as others had said. It's not exactly The Ritz but it's an acceptable cheep room for the night. The good is that it is easy to get to town with the tram stop just outside, the staff were friendly and the local restaurants were very nice. The bad is that the decor isn't great, the lift to the rooms is a bit old fashioned with its 3 wall, manual door design and the walls are very thin. The walls wern't a problem for me but my friend found it hard to sleep on the first night due to the neighbours amorous activities. The breakfast wasn't anything to write home about but it wasn't bad. Overall you get what you pay for, a reasonable cheep, clean room in Zagreb. It could be better but it could easily be a lot worse.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rowan U
Reviewed 7 March 2016

I have spent 3 nights in Movie hotel, i had a really nice time, there was some bend in Movie pub so we spent al our time in the same location, food from their restaurant is really tasty and not expensive. The have everything on 1 place. The staff is nice and very helpfull. Rooms are clean and worth of 3 stars.

Room Tip: Room number 22 :)
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple