“Ok”
Review of Basta Gourmet Bar

Basta Gourmet Bar
Ranked #92 of 949 Restaurants in Zagreb
Price range: USD 6 - USD 29
Description: Basta Gourmet Bar features excellent ambient and authentic Neapolitan Style Pizza in the heart of the city. All menu items are made with the best ingredients, fresh from a hot burning wood oven. With 2 beautiful outdoor terraces and attractively designed interior Basta is the place to enjoy a meal with friends and family. Located in the centre of Zagreb in the walking district, underground parking is available at Cvjetni Center (20 m from location) and is perfect place to visit for a drink, lunch or dinner in the city. See you at Basta GourmetBar!
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Simply ok. I liked the prosciutto pizza and i would recommend this place to anyone. Although you need to book in advance if you want to visit this place

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Its simple. Best Pizza in Zagreb, maybe even all of Croatia. I will come back for sure, this week! Drinks are awesome too. Love the beer selection. Nice wait staff as well.

1  Thank Ericthomas928
JoeBasic, Owner at Basta Gourmet Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you for your review and support. We are happy you enjoyed your experience. Come back again!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We went there in February for pizza and their famous Neapolitan sandwiches and the second time in March for cocktails.

Well, for us, this place is much, much better for food than for the drinks.

I ordered the 'Vegetariana' pizzq and two girls have splitted the 'Margherita' one. The fourth girl ordered their Neapolitan sandwich 'Pagnuttiello con prosciutto crudo e mozzarella'.

Well, all I will say for these is... Perfection. I haven't tried something more delicious than these sandwiches and pizza.

Pizza dough is simply amazing! It is a bit thick, but full of flavour and perfectly salted. My vegetarian pizza had plenty of fresh veggies, including cherry tomatoes, red pepper, zucchini, corn, artichokes...

And after you eat the whole one, you don't get the sick feeling afterwards. Really, amazing pizza, and I convince you to try their pizza!

My friends said that their 'Margherita' was also very tasty.

And the sandwiches... Oh my God... Please try these. These are so good and definitely these will satisfy you more than their pizza, trust me! That was something I never tried before, and I was really fascinated!

You get really rich sandwiches, and this one, which my friend ordered, was really the RICH one! It was filled with prosciutto, baked parmesan cheese, tomato sauce, mozzarella, corn, cherry tomatoes, rucola, chicory... Perfection explosion. Maybe a bit too salty, but for people who prefer more salt (like that friend) it is absolute perfection. This one is a MUST to try, because for that price it is totally worth it, maybe even more than pizza!

That time the service was good, we got our food fast and we liked the atmosphere. The prices are totally ok, pizza price is as usual pizza price in city centre and the sandwich price is totally reasonable. So for prices I would say totally fine.

What we didn't like is that the place has too small tables, and we had to eat our meals (as you can see on the pictures) on two small tables, four of us!
Second, their lower floor is more for drinking, and it is allowed for smoking, but we had to eat there because on the upper floor there wasn't any free table...

We went there on Friday night and it was REALLY crowded then, so we had luck to find at the end these two little tables. So I suggest you to make reservations!

And at the end we needed to leave at 09:30 PM because these two tables which we hardly found were reserved for 09:30 PM, so we couldn't chill there after our meals...

The second time we went there in March only for their cocktails and it was again really crowded. We had luck to get our 'old' tables again and this time these tables haven't got reservation, so we could be there how much we wanted. But the service was a bit worse than before. We had to wait longer for waiter to serve us and to get our drinks.

And the cocktails aren't so good. We ordered 'Chiverly in Basta', 'Absolut in perfection' and also one Coca-Cola.

As I said... We didn't like these cocktails much... We expected more. I tried much better ones.

So at the end, this place is definitely a must for their pizza and Neapolitan sandwiches, but make sure to have your reservations and to keep in mind that the lower floor is allowed for smoking.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

The worst pizza I ever ate!!! Feels like gum, no taste, bed mozzarella, waited for more then 45 minutes!!! Too many tables too liitle pizza owen and cooks to make for all the tables. Or hire somebody extra or take few tabels away! And overpriced!
Not recomnded!!!! Ever!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We arrived in Zagreb late on a Sunday night with three tired and hungry kids. It was 10pm and we needed dinner. Almost nothing was open. We ended up at Basta. The server told us they close at 11pm, but they could feed us. So we quickly ordered a cheese pizza for the kids and some fancy pizza for us. The pizza was sooooo good. They also gave us some prosciutto that was also very tasty. I'd recommend this place for sure, especially if you need food late.