“Pizzeria & pasta bueno, but try beef steak with black truffles!”
Review of Canzona

Canzona
Ranked #55 of 955 Restaurants in Zagreb
Price range: USD 7 - USD 15
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2016

First thing which will catch your attention in this restaurant is interior design which is designed like you are sitting in the middle of some Italian small town square. Details goes all the way, so there is even a city sign "Piazza Canzona". Second thing which you will notice is that stuff could be more pleasant and warmer. On one of our question about food, we just got brief and cold " No" while waitress was walking away from us. Ok, so interior is a plus, a staff (at least this waitress) is a minus. What about food? Well, I would say nothing special, but tasteful and good. For a starter we ordered bruschette, the are 2 types, with mozzarella and with prosciutto. Both are excellent, price is 30kn (4€) and you get 2 bruschettes. For the main meal my friends ordered chicken fillet stuffed with ham and cheese with grilled veggies, spaghetti, orrechiette (type of pasta) con forno, gnocchi with black truffles and some meat, tuna stake. I took beefstake (medium well) in sauce made of black truffles served with some pasta. Meat was tender and soft, It just melted in my mouth. Beef steak is 160kn (around 20€) I would say most expensive meal you can order here, other meals were around 80kn (11€), excpet tuna which is 110kn (15€). I have to say one thing about spaghetti meal, It should be a bigger portion, so you may stay hungry with that one, but It's also the cheapest meal - around 50kn.
For dessert we ordered pancake with ice cram and forrest berries - delicious, tiramisu and choco mousse. White wine "Malvazija" from istria region was good as well appetizers like vilijamovka (rakija made of plum). .

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank vuky91

Reviewed 24 October 2016

I had a dinner in this restaurant. The food was really nice, I have loved the huge pizza. Top recommendation.
I will go there again. Thanks

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

The place is a hybrid between serious restaurant and quick meal Italian joint. What makes it interesting is Friday daily offer- always based on fish (menu does not vary much) but it is consistent an all the meals offered are of very goos quality, simple and tasty. If in the area- do not miss it.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Staff is rude and tried to make a fool of me. There was a strong draught from the ventilation (outside temperature 8 degrees!) and the woman tried to convince me the ventilation was off. Obvious lie. I had to sit with my coat on. Also each time someone entered the restaurant there was a cold draught throughout the entire restaurant. Never coming here again. Pizza mediocre.

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

We went to Canzona for a quick evening meal having eaten a large lunch. We had a prosciutto pizza and Mediterranean salad. Both were delicious and generous. The staff spoke good English and were attentive. Had a few glasses of red wine as well. Couldn't finish the pizza so staff offered to box it up to take with us. Overall a great meal and very reasonably priced - 190 kuna - less than 40 Aussie dollars.