“Business ”
Review of Hotel Gallus

Hotel Gallus
Ranked #35 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Woua it's my first welcome like that. Crew so customer focus, available for any questions. Thinks to her; special dedicate enjoy welding. And in the morning same type of customer management. Very good English. Very good rooms, pillows and bed. A light blue in the bathroom possible, I don't know what for, but very romantic. Wireless access very fast. Normal English breakfast with fruit. Room personnel speak English. A particularly: put the room locker door in vertical position to ensure the door closures. I hope I can come back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
HotelGallus, Ivana M. - Reception at Hotel Gallus, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear,
thank you very much for all nice words you said about our Hotel. We are glad you were satisfied with our services, especially with our staff and restaurant. Your Feedback means a lot to us. It is our award for all that we are doing. Thank you. Best Regards.
Your Hotel Gallus!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

A very nice place in Sesveste, a Zagreb suburb. Very clean room with shades. Train to Zagreb(11.70kn, about $2 one way) is a ten minute walk. A small market is across the street. Plenty of free parking and a bountiful included breakfast. There is a lounge, indoor and outdoor, where locals sip coffee or drink pivo(beer). A very reasonably priced restaurant to enjoy dinner after a day of sightseeing in Zagreb and plenty of free parking.

The true beauty of Hotel Gallus though is the staff. Very friendly and informative, especially front desk staffer Maja. I found the people of Croatia very friendly and engaging unlike people in Prague, who can make Parisians look friendly. I enjoy staying in hotels away from central tourist areas. One gets to see how natives live their daily lives, while one can get to central Zagreb with a short train ride.

In my opinion you will not be disappointed, but pleasantly surprised with Hotel Gallus.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank 477john
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Very friendly, helpful staff at reception. Arrived late at night and were very welcoming. Small room, but very comfortable bed and clean bathroom. Lovely skylight that allowed me to see some stars from the bed! Bit far from Zagreb centre but easy commute on local transportation. Interesting mix of western and local foods for breakfast which was served in glassed room overlooking a garden.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank rademan
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Stayed two nights as part of an extended business trip. The room was clean, not big but well equipped; no mini bar, fridge or coffee making facilities but bed comfortable. The addition of window blinds on the outside were a definite need as noise from outside was greatly reduced by them. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a bar that is also used by locals, but those who don't like a smokey atmosphere will probably not like it. I had dinner in the restraunt one night and I have to say that the steak I had was excellent. The hotel does offer a transfer service if you ask, but I got the impression that they were trying to persuade me not to use it as it was more expensive than a taxi. However, for me the ability to add the cost to the hotel bill was more convenient. The only downside of this hotel is the location, there didnt seem to be anything nearby. Having said that should I need to go to Zagreb on business again I would go back without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Mihaela_Gallus, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Gallus, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Dear Sir,

thank you very much for the excellent review. We are so happy that you've liked our little hotel and enjoyed your stay, the food and our staff. We are very grateful for the reviews as they will help us improve our service.
We hope to see you again.
Best regards
Hotel Gallus team

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Romantic ambient, nice and quiet music,very tasty food and one of the most polite waiters. Prices are for everybody. The restaurant its easy to find,and everything is just the way it says on the web. Everything was just perfect.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marta V
Mihaela_Gallus, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Gallus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Dear Marta,

thank you very much for the 5 stars and for the lovely review. Thank you for taking the time for us. We are very happy that you enjoyed Gallus and we hope to see you again soon.

Best regards