See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2017

A very nice place in Sesveste, a Zagreb suburb. Very clean room with shades. Train to Zagreb(11.70kn, about $2 one way) is a ten minute walk. A small market is across the street. Plenty of free parking and a bountiful included breakfast. There is a lounge, indoor and outdoor, where locals sip coffee or drink pivo(beer). A very reasonably priced restaurant to enjoy dinner after a day of sightseeing in Zagreb and plenty of free parking.

The true beauty of Hotel Gallus though is the staff. Very friendly and informative, especially front desk staffer Maja. I found the people of Croatia very friendly and engaging unlike people in Prague, who can make Parisians look friendly. I enjoy staying in hotels away from central tourist areas. One gets to see how natives live their daily lives, while one can get to central Zagreb with a short train ride.

In my opinion you will not be disappointed, but pleasantly surprised with Hotel Gallus.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank 477john
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Very friendly, helpful staff at reception. Arrived late at night and were very welcoming. Small room, but very comfortable bed and clean bathroom. Lovely skylight that allowed me to see some stars from the bed! Bit far from Zagreb centre but easy commute on local transportation. Interesting mix of western and local foods for breakfast which was served in glassed room overlooking a garden.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank rademan
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Stayed two nights as part of an extended business trip. The room was clean, not big but well equipped; no mini bar, fridge or coffee making facilities but bed comfortable. The addition of window blinds on the outside were a definite need as noise from outside was greatly reduced by them. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a bar that is also used by locals, but those who don't like a smokey atmosphere will probably not like it. I had dinner in the restraunt one night and I have to say that the steak I had was excellent. The hotel does offer a transfer service if you ask, but I got the impression that they were trying to persuade me not to use it as it was more expensive than a taxi. However, for me the ability to add the cost to the hotel bill was more convenient. The only downside of this hotel is the location, there didnt seem to be anything nearby. Having said that should I need to go to Zagreb on business again I would go back without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Mihaela_Gallus, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Gallus, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Dear Sir,

thank you very much for the excellent review. We are so happy that you've liked our little hotel and enjoyed your stay, the food and our staff. We are very grateful for the reviews as they will help us improve our service.
We hope to see you again.
Hotel Gallus team

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Romantic ambient, nice and quiet music,very tasty food and one of the most polite waiters. Prices are for everybody. The restaurant its easy to find,and everything is just the way it says on the web. Everything was just perfect.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marta V
Mihaela_Gallus, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Gallus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Dear Marta,

thank you very much for the 5 stars and for the lovely review. Thank you for taking the time for us. We are very happy that you enjoyed Gallus and we hope to see you again soon.

Gallus team

Reviewed 18 September 2016

For years I used to just pass through Sesvete, an industrial Zagreb suburb, until this summer. I spent two days in Sesvete, seeing off a dear friend. It was a very sad occasion and a couple of days after I left Zagreb, he died. But in the meantime I discovered that Sesvete has much more to offer to an unprepared visitor. Most of all, this lovely hotel - former restaurant - which, at least in my case, helped me overcome my sorrow and regain some strength to be able to visit my friend again and again.

The location of the hotel, the interiors, the restaurant, the rooms (I took single) with all the accessories, the parking behind the hotel... Everything seemed prefect. But even more than this are the people who work here. Imagine: you come relatively early in the morning to check in, and there are three couples in front of you, from three different countries, and the lady at the reception (MAJA) registers them and talks and explains things IN THEIR LANGUAGES. Later that night, during the dinner - fantastic offers of traditional Croatian continental dishes to fresh fish and Mediterranean cuisine - I casually mentioned to the waiter that WiFi in my room wasn't SO good, and when I go back to the reception, this time IVANA tells me it has been fixed. The staff indeed communicate with each other, I witnessed that on other occasions. Quick, efficient service, able, understanding employees who really feel they're not just employed there, but they work hard trying to bring up the best of the place to their guests. It is a rare occasion when you actually start feeling attached to the entire establishment, and the reason is that the people with whom you communicate make you feel welcome, make you feel at home. Being a retiree, I do not have any special motive to visit Sesvete again - my friends and relatives live in Zagreb, and I have lots of offers and invitations to stay. But I will not think twice the next time I go to Zagreb - in twenty minutes either from the airport or from the main railway station I will reach this small paradise called "Gallus", and stay there with my friends. (I hear they are adding a new building to the existing establishment, congratulations!) Warmest, warmest recommendation.

Room Tip: My perfect room was, I think, the only single. Hope there will be additional ones in the new building.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Mihaela_Gallus, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Gallus, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Dear Mr. Zoran,

thank you very, very much for your beautiful and extensive review.
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay (despite your dire circumstances). It's because the guests like you that we do our very best every day and we try to be better every day.
The staff is now a "well oiled machine", most of the people employed are here for the last 2-3 years, we learned a lot in this time. So we thank you for your acknowledgement and the enticement to be even better.
In hopes to see you again,we wish you all the best.
Team Gallus