Lowest prices for your stay
Westin.com
USD 106
Free cancellation until 02/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
USD 106
Booking.comUSD 106
Hotels.comUSD 106
eDreamsUSD 106
1,518 results
All reviews diana bar tour group old town nice hotel city centre wi fi the main square gym conference tram kuna europe
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 July 2018

As a Starwood member I expected the same standards throughout their hotels but I'm afraid the restaurant's staff here has a lot to learn. Rude, forceful, unfriendly, unprofessional. And the food was recycled from one day to the next...

When choosing a room make sure you don't get one like I did: look at the photo attached and you will understand! Horrible depressing view of the metal roof below.
Not only: underneath that roof there is a club and at night is impossible to sleep because of the noise coming in... unless you decide to get dressed again and go join the punters!

Other than that, this venue was pleasant.
Rooms met expectations, facilities a great surprise (especially the swimming pool).
Reception staff as rude as the restaurant's. Bar's staff instead were incredibly nice.

Great location (3 trams stops away from main square, or a 10 minutes walk).
Prices well above average for Zagreb's standards.

Room tip: Only stay here if you have money to splash out...
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Darko R, General Manager at The Westin Zabreb, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thank you for staying at the Westin and thank you for giving us the feedback online. I agree that the location is perfect for exploring Zagreb. Also, I am very happy to hear that the rooms met your expectations and that you liked the swimming pool but I am sorry you were not satisfied with all of our staff. We value your feedback and will do our outmost on improving on the point you are mentioning. Thank you once again for staying with us and welcome back. Best regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I really cannot see the 4-5 stars rating people are putting. Unless they are all fake.

The hotel is old. The rooms are tired. The carpets are other coming off or just plain dirty. The decoration is well worn.

The a/c is noisy and rattles. And the list goes on and on. I mean this is not a luxury hotel not even if you use all your imagination.

The gym opens at 8am. If you are travelling on business or even pleasure for that matter how can that be justified? How can a hotel gym open at 8am?!? Beyond useless.

Only positive was the Westin bed. But for all the rest the brand is devalued and badly let down. Doesn’t even compare to others under the same name.

Avoid it. Will make sure my company never selects it again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Darko R, General Manager at The Westin Zabreb, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

First of all thank you for staying at Westin Zagreb hotel and thank you for your positive remarks in regards of the Heavenly Bed. We apologize for not fulfilling your expectations and that you did not feel satisfied. Also, we are considering all your comments for the continuous improvement work of our hotels services. With our kindest regards we welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Arrived at 2:30pm to be told our room won’t be ready til 5pm. So much for being an SPG member! They didn’t even offer to take our bags. Just said come back at 5pm. Not five star treatment at all! When challenged the receptionist said most rooms are not ready. Terrible hotel and service.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Darko R, General Manager at The Westin Zabreb, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thank you for staying at the Westin. I am truly sorry and apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We have in detail reviewed your experiences internally and are taking steps in order to avoid it to happen again. Once again we apologize and hope you will return to Zagreb and to the Westin so that we will have a chance to show improvement based on your feedback. Best regards

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Had a 2 night stay here. Hotel is centrally located and you can walk to a lot of the attractions from here. Parking at the hotel is around 10 euro a day. There is plenty of street parking available off the hotel street though those are paid as well.

Check in was quick. I had booked 2 rooms. One was upgraded to a suite due to being a platinum member. Platinum amenity was provided for one room but not the other. I recognize that the platinum amenity only applies to one room though every other SPG property we went to on this trip extended it to both rooms as a courtesy.

Room itself was fine. Nothing great really, a bit dated. It was a non smoking room that smelled of smoke. Housekeeping says that the smoking and non smoking rooms share the same vent and hence why. Doesnt make a whole lotta sense to me but ok....they sprayed air fresheners and left. Bed was comfortable, wifi worked decently enough. Shower was good. Plugs were available in convenient locations.

There is no lounge at this hotel. As such we had breakfast (platinum amenity) at the restaurant. The food itself was decent but not memorable. What was memorable was that there was a fresh orange juice station which is awesome. Its one of those slice an orange and press to squeeze things that gives you fresh orange juice. Its messy, and you require like 5 oranges to make a cup of juice but id rather have that than packaged juice anyday. Other than that service was good, there was even some local dishes on offer (that i saw far too late and couldnt partake in). Otherwise its the usual options of breads and omlette stations and cured meats. The breakfast area is nice and bright.

Where the hotel loses points i felt is in basic requests. The night before check out, i checked with the front desk on getting to the airport. We needed a van because our stuff wouldnt fit in a car and they had the ability to set one up. They said sure, they can arrange for a van taxi or a car service and said usually van taxis arent an issue and shouldnt be a problem to get one to take us at 6 am. Great, set it up. Asked if the taxis take credit cards, they said yes. Asked if they can just add it to my bill since the rate is fixed (250 kuna) and they said yes but then there is an additional 25 kuna charge and just to pay the taxi directly. I said fine, just please absolutely make sure that the taxi can take credit card....sure no problem they said. With that being said, and this being our last day in Croatia, we proceed to rid ourselves of all the Kuna we have on hand.

Car arrives on the dot at 6 am. A really nice driver. But guess what, van doesnt take credit card. Front desk doesnt do much to help other than point out the 2 atm's available, one inside the hotel, the other outside. The amount is 250. The atm's dispense in multiples of 200.....My tab at the hotel is closed out, so cant charge to the room. So instead now I am stuck with trying to get money out of an ATM and then having a wasted 150 kuna with me for no reason. Btw, 150 kuna is about 24 USD. The airport would give me $10....yeah 10 bucks for the 150 Kuna. Thats how terrible the exchange is and hence why I didnt want to be left with any Kuna. I decided to hold onto the Kuna anyways. So thanks front desk....I literally had one request that i emphasized multiple times and you guys failed on that and cost me an additional $24.

And to top it all of, I get back home and the hotel only credits me for 1 room for 2 nights instead of 2 room for 2 nights. So now I had to waste time reaching out to customer service to get all that fixed.

Would I stay here again....the rooms are decent. The location is convenient. The front desk could do far better. Honestly the sheraton is in a similar location and if the price is the same, i would likely just try that next time.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for staying at the Westin and thank you for providing us with detailed feedback. We are very glad that you enjoyed most of your stay but are sorry for your experience at the departure. All comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously. I have shared your feedback with our management team and we are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel so that we can ensure you a renewed and refreshing experience. With our best regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2018

My wife and I stayed one night in this hotel at the beginning of a tour of the Dalmatian Coast. The hotel is very well located to walk into the center of Zagreb. The staff were good and friendly. The restaurant was a buffet and was not well laid out or efficient. Good for one night as part of a larger trip.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Darko R, General Manager at The Westin Zabreb, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you for staying at the Westin and thank you for sharing your impressions online. We are happy that you found your stay pleasant and we appreciate your kind feedback. Also thank you for the nice comment regarding our staff. We hope we will be able to welcome you back. With our best regards,