USD 99
USD 179
Priceline
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 152/night.

USD 147
Priceline
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 141/night.

2,995 results
All reviewsorient expressbeautiful hotelzinfandel restaurantle bistrol'occitane toiletriesold worldluxury hoteltrain stationart decoold schoolbotanical gardensour room was spaciousold stylebreakfast buffetthe main squareconciergepassengers
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

The Esplanade Hotel is beautiful and has an old world charm with marble-lined staircases, large mirrored-walls and high ceilings. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are beautiful and the location is perfect. We stayed two nights and I would definitely stay here again if ever back in Zagreb.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here en route to Split as part of our Croatia holiday, only one night and wished it was longer. Chose this hotel as it was so close to the train station 5 minutes and 15 minutes walk in to the lovely City of Zagreb.
Hotel check in was quick and room ready when we arrived. Room was big, tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean, comfortable bed and a nice large bathroom.
Hotel lobby is beautiful very Art Deco, leads in to a luxurious bar and restaurant area. We didn't eat dinner here but tried the bar for a couple of drinks, nice atmosphere very relaxing and good prices for a hotel of this stature. Staff were pleasant, courteous and polite.
Breakfast was a real surprise, I was expecting a good spread but was offered more that I expected, humous and cous cous for breakfast very nice indeed. Breakfast also had a very wide range of deserts too. Breakfast was more like a holiday treat.
I just wished I could have stayed longer but will be back as we couldn't try all of the amenities and day in Zagreb does not justify the wonderful city.
Lovely stay Esplanade team, thank you.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chariotchoogle
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I stayed for a week in this hotel and left with mixed feelings. As you enter an impressive reception area greets you. All staff is warm and courteous. I was however made to wait to check-in even at 12:45 pm and had to ask again whether the room is ready after 20 mins of waiting, when I was told the room was ready long back. Once in the room I got a call that baggage will be sent in a while as it was a busy day. Soon after someone came to check the mini bar. Towards night someone rang the bell to give me a chocolate. The point being - on the first day, there was too much to disturb me again & again. During the week - there is no turn-down service but you will receive a daily chocolate or cookies. There is not much variation in the breakfast and meals are nothing to write home about. There is no tea/coffee in the room. The hotel is neat and clean and the staff is courteous but these are just some things that would have made a difference.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MAparajita
Reviewed 27 April 2017

We stayed 2 nights here and then it was onto Split. It is such a fabulous hotel and its history dates back to the Orient Express. Would loved to have had the bags picked up and wheeled from the station just like in the 20's! Our room was lovely with a very comfortable bed. Great bathroom with bath, separate shower and separate toilet and had 2 hand basins. There were lovely toilettries as well. Lovely thick towels and bathrobes and slippers. The staff were very attentive. Hotel bistro very good for dinner. It is virtually across from station but very quiet. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne B
Reviewed 26 April 2017

I actually never got to stay here. We booked a reservation for two months out and less than 24hrs later, our flights needed to change for personal reasons. So I had to cancel our stay in Zagreb. And the hotel refused to refund the reservation. Even though it had only been 16hrs since I originally booked it. They were not understanding at all and are still taking my money for 2dys stay (which is not even booked until July).

For this reason, I would not suggest staying there and clearly customer service is not at the top of their list.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple