“Nothing special”

Ranked #807 of 1,140 Restaurants in Sofia
Price range: USD 4 - USD 15
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Restaurant Lozenetz Sofia offers cozy interiors and warm service. You will find both traditional Bulgarian dishes and pizzas from homemade dough. Restaurant Lozenetz Sofia is one of the few places in Sofia where you can taste steaks from certificated Black Angus beef. The wine list is a selection of Bulgarian wines selected by sommelier.
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Just a hotel restaurant. If you want to book it for a group, you can't - they will offer you very strange buffet menu only.

Just pick another place,

Reviewed 2 December 2014

Usually I don't like to eat dinner at hotels, but in Sofia I do it from time to time and it is pretty satisfying.

This is the first time I stay at the Lozenetz hotel, and I decided to check their restaurant as well. Winter is here, so a soup was required. Unfortunately no ‘soup of the day’, so I took Chicken soup, with Garlick bread. The soup was simple, but rich and with no soup powder. The bread was like a pizza bread, with minimal garlic, but the combination of the two (i.e. putting bread in the soup) was so amazing that I decided to stop drinking soup and finished it by dipping the bread in it..

I save local food to local restaurants, so I took Butchers’ Steak, 220 g Angus beef. Steak was made professionally, and was served with a superb pepper sauce – thick and creamy. Potatoes and stewed vegetables were also accurate in their cooking; Wine offering is problematic, so I had to settle for a glass of house wine only.

Nougat ice cream I took for dessert, reminded me of a kid snack I used to have in the 80s, so it was nice as well. Short Espresso was powerful.

The service was great as well - Personal and thoughtful.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Very poor food quality . I have order a soup of the day ( chicken soup) and it was very salty , then a salad with mozzarella and tomatoes , the mozzarella had yellow color that mean it was not fresh ! Moreover , during my stay ( 5 days) the restaurant had only one type of bread ( white)

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Loved the food, couldn't fault it! You could either pay by cash or put it to the room to pay later on in the stay.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The restaurant is in the same building with hotel. It is not crowded. We visited it 1-2 times per day as food is very good there, it is real value for money. Staff is good there and atmosphere is very nice and pleasant.

2  Thank Nick A