USD 63
USD 58
USD 66
USD 57
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 67/night.

USD 112
USD 106
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 129/night.

USD 85
USD 100
USD 77
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclose to the airportshopping mallbig mallmodern roomsbusiness tripspecial thanksbusiness arearecommend this hotelcity centrewalk in showershuttle serviceshuttle busbulgarian levexcellent staybreakfast was excellentfast wifibreakfast and dinner
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I would like to thanks the excelent service and the great breakfast buffet. The serving of all the staff- Tomi, Magi, Lili, Nina, Mira, Simeon, Rumen, Lubo, Virginia. Special thanks to the cheff Pravchanova and the Thursday bulgarian corner - its amazing!!!

Thank you, Novotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Christophe B, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We are very happy to see that you appreciate our effort to offer the best service.

Your comment is the best award for us

Regards

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I visit Sofia almost every month and have seen most Sofia hotels. The novotel is my favorite.

The hotel is brand new and the rooms are fresh and the personnel exceptionally friendly.

The guy that picks me up most times from the airport (Martin) is very friendly, punctual and helpful.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Christophe B, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your nice comment.

Martin and the rest of the team really appreciate it.

See you soon again

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Along with my husband and young daughter, I stayed in a family superior room at the Novotel Sofia for five nights in March 2018. I have really only one complaint, but it had a big impact on whether I’d recommend a stay here, so I’ll lead with that.

I recently stayed at the Novotel in Brussels and was annoyed by a translucent glass door to the bathroom. But the Novotel in Sofia took things a step further and made the entire wall between the shower and the rest of the room out of glass. There was a button to push to turn the glass from fully transparent to translucent, but the glass could not be rendered fully opaque. The end result was not merely an annoyance – anyone using the bathroom light overnight or early in the morning woke up the rest of the room with the bright light shining right through and illuminating the sleeping area – but also a privacy issue. While the shower was in use, other occupants of the room were treated to a red-light-district-style peep show. The glass translucency was such that it wasn’t merely a shadowy silhouette that was visible, it was even details like skin tone. For those traveling solo or with a romantic partner, this won’t matter…but consider this a warning to those traveling with a family, business partner, or nonromantic friends!

One other shower-related note is that a gap in the glass on the other side of the shower, along the glass door facing into the bathroom, meant that water from the shower sprayed out onto the bathroom floor. Stepping out into a giant puddle after each shower wasn’t very pleasant, and the quantity of water seepage was such that not even a towel was sufficient to soak it all up.

Otherwise, we had a wonderful experience. The bed was comfortable, and there was plenty of space to accommodate the three of us and all of our luggage. The staff was exceptionally friendly (and spoke very good English). Our room was very clean, and we didn’t encounter any cigarette smoke odors as I’d seen reported for many other hotels in Sofia. Breakfast was unvaried from day to day but nonetheless delicious, with a mix of standard breakfast fare and some Bulgarian options like baked tomatoes, sirene cheese, and fresh honeycomb (although we only ate there because it was part of our corporate room rate – with food prices in Sofia being so low, paying the 13 Euro per person charge wouldn’t make sense).

The location isn’t great, but we knew that when my husband had to book something near his office rather than in the city center. Taxis were readily available and inexpensive – we never paid more than ~8 leva for a ride to or from the city center. The ride into the center was generally less than 10 minutes, except during morning rush hour when it was closer to 15-20 minutes and evening rush hour when it sometimes reached 30+ minutes. There was a mall next door with a large food court that we used one night when we needed a quick dinner (otherwise, restaurants required a taxi ride towards/into the city center).

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank EricaLynn

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your comment and description of our bathroom.

Since I'm the general manager in Novotel Sofia, it is the first time that a guest is complaining about the glass in the bathroom. I really regret and I'm sorry if it was an inconvenient for you.

Yes the light will be visible form the room when another person is using the bathroom, but the opacity doesn't allow the guest in the room to see the one in the bathroom except if you lean on the glass, which is not a common practice. For the water is the same, we never had such comment, and our shower was build to make sure that under normal usage , the water will not go out of it. On all the picture of our bathroom you will see, that the shower is large and the inside glass also. On the top of it The rain shower is fixed. I have stayed 4 month in my hotel in one of the room, and I really don't understand how you could have problem with the water. I' very sorry for it.

Nevertheless, I'm glad that you appreciated the quality of the service and the team. For our breakfast, we have 2 times a week special animation, 1 day is the fresh smoothies corner and the other one is a special Bulgarian day. Of course you can always find cheaper, but not with the same variety, quantity and quality of food and service.

We hope that you will come back to our hotel

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Business hotel well situated between the center and the airport. At the Novotel international standards with modernly decorated rooms. Buffet breakfast has all you need and the staff is friendly but with no real proactivity. Interesting concept to allow casual Friday for the staff... not shaved, hardly recognizable in jeans and t-shirts... that probably in no hospitality business school book...

1  Thank Nic U

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

I regret that you didn't appreciate apparently our casual Friday. We implemented this day, to be more connected with our guest, our brand value and aspiration. To escape from the daily routine, to be more open, connected with our guest, and to create an relax and lively atmosphere. On Friday, most of our guest are going back home after a hard business week. They are are dress more casual, that is why we wanted to break the usual code, to be more modern. Of course maybe some of our staff need to be coach on it, but the most important is to have a friendly team, taking care of our guest and providing a very good service.

Despite that, we hope that you will come back to our hotel. Feel Always Welcome to Novotel Sofia

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Sunday- 1/4/18. Breakfast ends at 10:30. I woke up at 10:19 after a full day of exploration in Sofia. Initially, I thought about skipping breakfast, but 4 minutes later (10:23) I remembered the freshly prepared omelette I had the day prior, and I decided to chance coming down. After quickly brushing my teeth and throwing my precious day’s outfit I rushed downstairs. As I rounded the corner at 10:31, I saw Lili, Nina and Ilagi cleaning the dining room with no other patrons in view. My hopes for this omelette immediately dissipated. When they saw the dejected look in my face, they instructed me to take whatever I wanted as they had not finished removing the breakfast items from the buffet. Selfishly/like an American, I asked if it was too late to have a freshly prepared omelette. They each smilingly asked what I wanted in said omelette. I requested everything— without blinking, they made it happen. As I was making my plate (perfectly seasoned mushrooms, hash browns and a croissant), Lili asked if I wanted any fresh juice or a smoothie. While I didn’t think it was an option, I harkened back to my travels in HK, and pulled out the kiwi juice *wildcard*. Without blinking, she said she would make it happen. While she lovingly prepared my beverage, Chef Georgi put his skills to work preparing a perfectly cooked, well-appointed “everything” omelette. It was ready and brought over to my table in moments.

I have had similar, great interactions with the front desk staff over the past week practicing my poor Bulgarian. Unfortunately I have not gotten their names. As a frequent traveler (36 countries and counting), I highly recommend a stay at Novotel Sofia. I am a fan. Staff is excellent. Location/proximity to the city centre/Vitosha mountain/my workplace is virtually equidistant. After 7 days, I haven’t had a poor interaction with Novotel staff. That says a lot.

Dear Guest,

This is the best recognition for my team. Thank you for your comment.

I'm really happy to see that my team was reactive and was able to serve you at your convenience. Our Breakfast buffet is open until 10.30 but we can serve on request some items all day long.

It is a pleasure for my team and myself to make our guest HAPPY !!!

We hope to see you soon again

Best regards