“Very rude hostess ruined my stay”

Happy Bar & Grill Victoria
Ranked #250 of 1,140 Restaurants in Sofia
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: On the 7th of April, 2011, in Sofia, a new restaurant Happy has been opened – “Happy Victoria”. Thanks to the cozy atmosphere, which the restaurant offers, you will feel really special. The plenty of aquariums with exotic fish will contribute to the unique experience. The restaurant is one of the most luxurious of the Happy Bar & Grill chain and continues with the practice of our new restaurants – luxurious interiors and the same Happy prices. In addition to the typical specialties and tempting skewers, you will also enjoy our unique sushi made from true masters of the Japanese cuisine. For our customers, “Happy Victoria” has 160 seats in the closed part of the restaurant and another 160 in the open-air area.
Reviewed 22 August 2017

The hostess decided to seat us in the garden in extremely stormy weather.. no idea why, nobody of the people I was with smokes... I saw plenty of unoccupied tables inside (like half of the tables in the restaurant) , so I asked can we be seated there, because it was clearly going to rain ( the sky was dark and you could hear thunder + it was cold). Again, no idea why- tho hostess got really surprised of my statement and said ' Oh really, it is going to rain?' so I pointed at the sky and said 'Yes, you can definitely hear a big storm coming'. After that she responded with a really rude tone and said 'When it rains, the raindrops don't fall at an angle" (and she made a weird gesture with her hand imitating raindrops not falling straight like she was talking to an idiot... I guess she doesn't know how the wind works and hasn't seen a storm in her lifetime). I said Ok, because I didn't want to argue with this woman and I couldn't really understand why she won't seat me where I desired to...clearly there was no problem and I was the customer, not her. She said again with a snarky tone that the staff was going to move us to another table if it started to rain. So we sat down. 10 minute later it stars raining heavily (duuuuuuuuh, WHAT A SURPRISE) with the wind blowing all the rain on us (also on the other people on the terrace) and our dishes. The people on the table next to us tried to cover themselves with a curtain that was part of the terrace decor...overall it was really weird why she insisted on seating us on the most idiotic spots there could be during a rainstorm. Nobody came to move us to another table, we had to move ourselves, which is not really the big problem. The problem was this woman's terrible attitude, even though the food was good. If you have no people skills, you shouldn't be a hostess, because you give a terrible first impression of the restaurant that stays with the customer forever. Needless to say, we didn't leave any tips because of this and I don't think I will visit this place again, sorry.

1  Thank mila s

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent setting! The food is very good, the menu has an astoundingly large selection, service is very good, and the prices are reasonable. The restaurant is child friendly. There is an outdoor terrace and a pool available. Appropriate for visits with family or business meetings.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

The give me a menu with drinks and food, but when i want to order a food the waiters told me:"We don't serve a food yet, because we don't have a kitchen on the pool". Now my question is why give me a menu with food?
Or just tell me before give me a menu: We don't have food yet.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Very tasty food.
Varied dishes.
Fast and quality service.
fair price. experience.
I'd love to come back to one of the chain's trips and try more dishes

Reviewed 5 April 2017

The food is run of the mill for chain restaurants service varies from restaurant to restaurant but laid back places where you can talk and are not made to rush your meal