“Great sushi and fantastic hot table. Meal. ”

Fuji Japanese Sushi and Steakhouse
Ranked #12 of 98 Restaurants in Ashland
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Fantastic atmosphere, great sushi and fantastic hot table meal presentation.
Reasonable pricing with minimal waiting. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Love this place! You absolutly cannot beat the lunch specials and I love that I have the option to sit at the hibachi when I have a large group with me. Their sushi is my favorite and I love the large selection.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

This was our second try with this restaurant. Service was slow, food warm and not worth the amount one pays. I can forgive slow service but it seemed that they forgot our food and let it get cold. Food was good not great. No third try. Will not return.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

Read most of the reviews and all were very complementary. We decided to try on recent visit to Ashland. Our chef was not particulalry conversational and didn't put on much of a show maybe due to the small size of diners at our table (five). The problem we experienced is that by the time he finished preparing our food it was cold. I had not been to a Hibachi grill in several years, but as I recall from others, the chef cooked the full entree on the grill and kept it there until ready to serve. Our chef prepared a portion at a time and placed it on our plates. Rice and noodles first, meat next, and then vegetables. By the time we got the completed dish the noodles and rice were cold. The meat was also luke warm. Also, my scallops were a bit under cooked. That said, I still boxed the leftovers and ate them the next day. With it being heated the food was pretty good and of good quality. The soup and salad were good. Our server was very friendly and attentive. The area of our table and grill was also very cold (near the blocked door in front).

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

As many times as we've visited and dined in Ashland, I'm not sure how we missed this place. We used my wife's birthday celebration to try it out.

First off, the variety of sushi options is crazy -- worth the return trip just to try more of them. Entrees were very fresh and flavorful. We shared a sushi appetizer; with our entrees (we had water), our total bill was under $40. Our server (I wish I could remember his name to give him proper credit) was excellent and very attentive.

This place is only about a mile from the Paramount Theater, and was not that busy on the Thursday evening we visited.

Definitely a keeper!!