All reviews grand pacific grand old lady swiss bakery new wing queen elizabeth club room happy hour former glory suva harbour colonial style place to stay buffet breakfast pure fiji ocean view wings fine dining house keeping
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

With a lifelong dream of visiting the place my Father came from, I just wanted everything to go smoothly for our big 30th anniversary trip. The staff at the GPH made sure of this - they were super sweet, putting rose petals and a card w swan towels in our room as well... rose petals, candles, big sashes, a yummy 14 layer cake and flowers for our anniversary dinner. We felt like royalty!

All are extremely friendly, knowledgeable and were waiting for us to show up at cocktail hour! Don't miss cocktail hour, the view of the Suva harbour is stunning, the appetizers are fancy and the drinks delicious. It makes for a relaxing scene. The fire shows are cool too.

Know this is the city, a big sprawling metropolis of many cultures and walking around the town and shops are fascinating. This is not where you'll find a wide white sandy beach w pristine blue water - but there's lots to do and easy access to many points of interest. We cannot wait to return. The people are just fabulous (Storm, David, Justin, Nancy, Maria, Jane Seveke). Vinaka GPH! We'll never forget how lovely you made our stay!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martha T
Peter G, General Manager at Grand Pacific Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Hi Matha,

Firstly, apologies fro the delay in responding to your lovely comments as I have been away on leave and only just returned.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us during what clearly was a very special occasion and I am glad that we were able to add a further dimension to your Suva visit.

Your thanks, together with mine, have bee passed onto Storm, David, Justin, Nancy, Maria and Jane, together with the rest of the GPH team.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

I was there for a conference and after the airline lost my bags the staff were extremely helpful. They also changed my room when I felt uncomfortable on the ground floor.
The hotel has a beautiful outlook over the sea, although I'm not sure why they put the pool and bar right in the middle of the view - I prefer not to see people sunbathing while I'm having my lunch and some may prefer not to be observed, too. The nightly lighting of the torches by the 'Fiji warriors' gives a fun touristy photo opportunity. The breakfast buffet has plenty of choice, although my slight quibble was that there could have been more fresh fruit for those of us who can't get fresh pawpaw etc. at home. And there should be proper strong coffee available at breakfast (plungers would do) - I had to ask for an espresso from the bar. Overall, this was a very enjoyable stay made special by the staff.

Room Tip: Sea views are a bit more expensive, but worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ngutukaka

Hi Ngutukaka,

Many thanks for your very kind comments, which are greatly appreciated and apologies for the delayed acknowledgment as I have been on leave and only just returned.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

The staff are very friendly and helpful all the time, the breakfast is great and has options for me as vegetarian. Wheelchair access is great and staff always willing to help in anyway whatsoever

Vinaka

Room Tip: tell the staff of your needs very early on and they will accommodate all rooms are all quiet and well equipped
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank anandT310
Peter G, General Manager at Grand Pacific Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Hi Anand,

Many thanks for taking the time to pass on your comments, which are greatly appreciated - I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped in here for a couple of drinks before the Chiefs vs Highlanders game. A lady by the name Sherry gave us the best customer service. The nicest person we have ever met. She was helpful, kind and greeted us with Bula and a big smile. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank R0adrunna
Peter G, General Manager at Grand Pacific Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hi R0adrunna,

Delighted that you had the change to experience some of our famous GPH hospitality prior to the big game and shall pass on your thanks (coupled with mine!) to Sherry. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

A beautiful hotel, friendly staff and lovely rooms however very noisy unfortunately. We were constantly woken by people slamming bedroom doors, noisy people in the corridor, cars parked outside with music playing, bar over the road with their loud bass and on two nights the extremely loud music playing in the hotel itself.

I tried to close doors to stop the music noise from the hotel band but the door closers were removed off the doors and they got reopened straight away. It was unnecessarily loud.

The fire doors in the ground floor corridor have also had their closers removed and are held open. Not great for fire safety.

A shame that a beautiful hotel like this is ruined by poor maintenance and bad acoustics.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank debsilou
Peter G, General Manager at Grand Pacific Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hi debsilou,

Many thanks for taking the time to pass on your feedback following your recent stay with. It was great to read that you did find many very positive things about your stay as I note from your other Trip Advisor postings that you a very discerning guest (and a very hard scorer!!).

I do regret that you were disturbed by noise and shall discuss the issues that you have raised with the team.