“Another lovely holiday at Bedarra!”
Review of Bedarra Beach Inn

Bedarra Beach Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We spent a lovely relaxing 4 days at Bedarra recently. It was our second visit to this hotel, with the same exceptional service and warm and friendly reception from staff. All of our booking requests were met and we couldn't have been happier.
There were a few changes to the hotel over the last twelve months. We had real coffee in our room and could brew it whenever we liked! The pool area had been re-tiled and there were new sunlounges and the new day spa had opened. All guests were treated to a 10 min free foot massage and it was so good i couldn't wait to book in for a pedicure and a longer foot massage. The girls in the day spa were excellent. The day spa was popular and was booked out some days!
The food was great and this year saw the addition of themed nights including the traditional Fijian lovo which we indulged in and an Indian themed night ( which we missed - left too early)!!
The bar was packed with people every night and many of them were from other hotels!
Bedarra is reasonably priced in every category, friendly and accommodating. We only ventured out once for a visit to Sigatoka. The snorkelling, swimming, kayaking ( all free), reading,eating, sleeping and chatting to people from around the world, made it a very relaxing stay!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms ave a good view of the lagoon.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank jennigs
Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed at the Bedarra for the first 2 weeks of December 2011. it was the second stop of a world tour to celebrate my wifes retirement. I had mixed feeliings when I made this booking, I really did not know what to expect. We have just return home, so its over 4 months since we left there and I can honestly say I have thought about the place every single day. It is fantastic. The one thing i would change about our holiday would be to stop at the Bedarra a lot, lot longer. The Hotel is lovely, quiet and spotlessly clean. Best of all is the staff. Without a doubt they are the best team I have experienced. We had the feeling we were leaving good freinds when we checked out.

We will be back.

Jim and Linda

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jim_rogers55
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Hi there folks, been my first time an traveling solo to Fiji it has been an incredable journey throughout my one week stay in Fiji. .My first day an arriving late that evening from New Zealand due to circumstances. I had no idea when arriving. 'Bedarra Inn' was lit up like a xmas tree ,it was so beautiful by nite.And too opening the door to room 19 it was incredable...an thankyou to the woman who service my room daily. The food an the Service in the Restaurant fantastic. To all the staff of Bedarra Inn I like to take this TIME and say Thankyou for your guys hospitality an friendliness yous have given.I certainly recommend the Bedarra Inn to those traveling to Fiji .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Lillian261
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We booked Bedarra Beach Inn to stay in April for just over one week, but on arrival unfortunately we found it not to be what we had expected given the accommodation's description. Although the service was great and very friendly and having some lovely meals there, we thought the accommodation itself to be more like a road-side motel and also not very clean (we found mould on the bed sheets which we reported to staff but was just told this 'would be noted' and it was then never rectified, and also I found plastic in my vegetable curry). We ended up cancelling the rest of our booking and checked in to a different accommodation on the Coral Coast. Regretfully our first negative review on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank drapetomania
PhilFiji, Owner at Bedarra Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Bula drapetomania and thanks for your review.

Let me first address the comment that your accommodation was not very clean, you found mold on the sheets and your complaint was ignored or even brushed off with a comment that it would be noted. Our records indicate that you did not lodge a formal complaint about bed sheets until the Duty Manager, in his usual evening round of the restaurant to make sure everyone is having a good time, asked you if your room was ok. Once you told him of the sheets, he immediately review his pre inspection report (of your room prior to your check-in) and found that he had reported all was well, but still instructed House Keeping to change your linen immediately. No mold or stains were found on the linen remove but "the guest is always right", so it was changed anyway.. His report on the matter is some 400 words long, so it was taken very seriously and not brushed off...

As for the comment about plastic in a vegetable curry, I can find no report of this. I can assure you it would have been a big deal and been investigated immediately. Also, it is our standard policy that if a meal was in some way "defective" it is removed from the bill. Your vegetable curry was not removed from the bill and I assume this to be because no report was filed.

Finally, let's address the apparent confusion about what Bedarra is and what type of accommodation we provide. Our web site and the images we provide there (and here on TripAdvisor) clearly show exactly what we are; A 3.5 star AAA rated Inn. We do not claim to be anything more and all of our images are totally representative of the property. The fact you stayed one night, checked out and move to the 5 star Outrigger Resort leads me to believe that you possibly had wanted something more than we actually provide. Hardly our fault I think? Your request that we refund the money you had paid the Travel Agent in Australia also came as a surprise to us. Obviously that would be a matter between you and the Travel Agent, who certainly do not pay us in advance of your stay.

I end by apologizing for not having made you happy. It is always our goal to do so. But we cannot be what we are not - and we're not a huge 5 star resort. We're a small, friendly Inn who pride themselves on happy guests. We hope you found what ever it was you were looking for after you left us.

Vinaka
Phil

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I enjoyed 4 nights at this Inn and would highly recommend it. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and there was a chilled bottle of champagne in our fridge when we arrived! The staff are friendly and most helpful, the accommodations perfect and food is excellent. Well worth the price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank yonfore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
8.5 km away
Mango Bay Resort Fiji
#8 of 10 in Sigatoka
0.5 km away
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Been to Bedarra Beach Inn? Share your experiences!