Tambua Sands(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
USD 76
USD 69
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 85/night.

Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
USD 171
USD 141
  • Breakfast included
Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
USD 66
Gecko's Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
USD 106
USD 72
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
USD 446
USD 336
USD 328
Priceline
  • Beachfront
de Vos - The Private Residence(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
USD 59
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Maui Palms(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
USD 478
1,255 results
All reviewshappy hourcoral coastbbi spawelcome songquiet roadfree foot massagesmall hotelhoneymoon suiterooms are largechicken curryother guestssunset stripstandard roomfive nightslounge chairswelcome drinkreef shoes
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Admittedly, as my travel friend chose this place and after a long drive from the airport (we rented a car) I wasn't sure what to expect. But my fears were relieved as we walked up to the inn. At check-in they gave us a welcome drink and the musicians sang us a welcome song. Everyone on staff was extremely welcoming and friendly the entire time. A few of them remembered our names and used them when they'd see us. You'd think they only did this for a week out of the year. The room was simple but very nice. We could adjust the temp to our comfort. And the food was amazing! Amazing! I was cautioned not drink unfiltered water when possible as my American stomach might not be used to stuff in foreign water or something like that, but I drank the water and ate the food without problems.

For variety we visited the Outrigger next door. You are free to eat there and enjoy the premises so we made a trip over there. The food was pretty good here as well, but the premises are well-kept up and amazing. Lots of pools, and activities and atmosphere. I left feeling like I might be missing out on this at the Bedarra. However, while sitting by the Bedarra pool the next morning waiting for my friend it hit me that I was where I needed to be. I'd come out here to relax and leave the stimulation of Washington, D.C. behind. At the Bedarra I could sit by the pool in peaceful quiet. I could walk over to the beach and enjoy the breeze without commotion. We were the only two in the ocean or on the beach that afternoon - it was all ours. Later on I went to sit in the shade under the palm trees by the beach. I waded alone in the pool at night looking up at the stars in the clear sky above. We were the only ones out there. No waits at the restaurant, and a very laidback environment. If I needed a little more hubbub I could head over to the Outrigger for an evening meal, enjoy the festivity and people seemingly everywhere, but retreat to my quiet room at the Bedarra receiving greetings along the way. You get the best of both worlds. To be fair, the Bendarra does have live music every night, a bar, and people around! The place has stuff going on! Just not as crowded as I felt the Outrigger was. Plus, I think the Bedarra is cheaper.

As we left the musicians and some of the staff sat us down and sang us a departure song. Shaking our hands afterwards they thanked us for staying with them and wished us well. I felt like a celebrity or something with all the personal, not over-bearing attention I recieved here. I wasn't just a number like I think I would feel like at larger resorts.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank RandomTraveler76
Reviewed 18 April 2012

we felt very welcome and the service was great! we had a nice room with everything we needed. thank god there was no tv! so we had time to relax and read a lot. we loved the restaurant! the food was amazing and how good is the view?!! we rented a car and to drive around so we were a bit more flexible than with a cab. if you are looking for a relaxing, peaceful getaway choose Bedarra!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LittleKa26
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Bula,

We came to Bedarra subsequent to staying at a few other places on the Coral Coast on a family holiday. We traveled February / March 2012 choosing Bedarra, based on the reviews received on Trip Advisor, and stayed for a week or so in a delux room. The weather was ace.

Bedarra was sweet and the basics are done right (and much better than the far more pricier "mega-resort" we stayed at):

The staff are friendly.
The rooms are nice and big and kept spotless by the lovely housekeepers. EVERY other place we stayed at had something(s) wrong with the room or house keeping - no milk, no towels, phone broken, mosquito mesh ripped ,blah blah blah.
The food is very good and the chef is happy to cater to poor gluten-free plantatarians (just let them know before you travel so they can get in some supplies or if you bring something they will cook it for you). Everyone should try the vegetarian curry off the lunch menu. Delicious and yours for a tenner.
The pool and lounger area is clean and the gardens are well maintained.

This a nice quiet place for families etc.and not a party place. The bar here shuts at 10pm and last orders for dinner are at 9. However.....

Leaving the inn and turning right there is a cafe / bar down the road called Koko's who's menu includes the biggest burgers in the world (apparently you get a free trip to Hawaii or something if you can finish one in one go). My wife could only manage half of one and the other half did her for lunch the next day, so good value for the FJ$20 odd dollars they cost. If you go the other way up the road you come across friendly Vladimir selling trinkets and jewellery. A nice piece we bought off him for $FJ10 was offered to us for a "special price" of FJ$55 in the Sigatoka market. Keep walking and you come to another bar / cafe and then there is "Shana's - a booze shop / grocery store / body salon / fast food restaurant / bar / nightclub / taxi stand / tour operator. You can then walk up the beach to the massive Outwriggler Resort.

We also visited The Kula Eco-Park, which you can also walk to. The place has a focus on conservation on endangered species and they tell you about their breeding programmes. Our little daughter was absolutely stoked that she could hold snakes and lizards. Allow about an hour or 2 for this and take a cold drink with you as you walk around. Well worth it.

One day we walked into town (Sigatoka) and went to the Sigatoka Club. This was on a Sunday and we met and drank beer with the locals for a couple of hours. Catch the local bus back for a dollar if you are "tired" from all the the beer. Just walk back over the bridge and one will come along. You won't see a bus stop or sign - just wave it down. When we went again the next day the place was mostly patroned by tourists so I recommend that you visit on a Sunday. They sell the big crate bottles of Fiji bitter for about 5 bucks and they also have casual dinning at around 10 for mains. We also went to the Hare Krishna temple as we saw a billboard advertising food. After a mission of walking up and down hills (the entry isn't where you expect it to be) we eventually got in but they said no food today. Karma I suppose.

Other than that we just lounged around the pool and went to happy hour for 1/2 price cocktails at $FJ7.50. There is childminding available at $FJ5 per hour. Elanor (our house keeper) came to us for a couple of hours one night and played games with our daughter and put her to bed. Little guy said she had a good time.

What I liked least was the background music during breakfast service. I know it isn't very loud but I found it distracting / annoying when sitting on the deck at 7am (usually we were the only ones up that early) and just easing into the day. It just seemed unnecessary and spoiled the quiet. It was fine at lunch and the boys play their guitars at night. The waitress did turn it off when asked for which I am grateful.

What I liked most was the relaxed and quiet atmosphere.

Anyway, I'd definitely return and we enjoyed our stay.

Thank you David and Phil and all the staff

Room Tip: The delux rooms are only a few dollars more but are well worth the extra
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank CloakeyCloak
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We feel very welcome and service was always with a smile. The common areas and our room were cleaned every day. We stayed in room 18 (honeymoon suite), it has a fantastic view of the beach and because it is facing south we do not get the intense morning and afternoon sun. Hubby loved sitting in the balcony with his netbook.

The food was nice and very reasonably priced, I had the lobster bisque, kokoda and fish in curry sauce. The menu can be improved to include lighter meals for dinner for people like me who only eat small portions and those watching their diet. It would be nice to have more fresh vegies + meat or seafood like stir fries or caesar salad. The lovo needs improvement. We waited a long time and were the last one served. Although it was a large serving it was dry and bland, we hardly ate half of it and a lot had to go in the bin. We did not get crackling (not sure if there was any) and it was lacking in sauce. We found out later that more people turned up for the lovo without booking, we booked 3 days in advance.

I never had a problem drinking the tap water from the hotel after boiling it. Every morning, I pour the left over water from the kettle into the jug and put it in the fridge. Another plus is it's only 5 minutes away to Sigatoka, a small and not so busy town. In Sigatoka, we had lunch in one of the local restaurants that cook meals ordered from the board (not from the take away counter) and always had bottled water.

Snorkelling is not bad but you need to wait for the high tide. The corals are much better on the Outrigger side which is not very far away. Best to use flippers, but be careful not to break the corals or step on them as even on high tide you can stand on sand mounds and you will be above the water level. If you do not like flippers bring sand shoes. Snorkelling gears and kayaks are provided free of charge.

If you prefer the personalised and intimate feel this is the place. By our second day everyone is on first name basis. The lounges on the beach is a fantastic way to relax, sip cocktails and watch the sunset. The grounds keeper will even get you a green coconut if you ask.

Room Tip: Room 19 is a large room for family with kids, Room 18 and 17 are double beds. These rooms has the best view of the beach and bigger balconies.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sahaja1
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Its all about the management and staff, they make you feel part of the family.
good clean rooms,great restaurant,superb views, lovely pool,peaceful and relaxed, no tv no phones,how good is that!..... transport and tours can all be arranged at reception and nothing seems to be a problem, dont miss "happy hour"! If you want to relax and chill just do it.

Room Tip: Balcony seaview rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo