Admittedly, as my travel friend chose this place and after a long drive from the airport (we rented a car) I wasn't sure what to expect. But my fears were relieved as we walked up to the inn. At check-in they gave us a welcome drink and the musicians sang us a welcome song. Everyone on staff was extremely welcoming and friendly the entire time. A few of them remembered our names and used them when they'd see us. You'd think they only did this for a week out of the year. The room was simple but very nice. We could adjust the temp to our comfort. And the food was amazing! Amazing! I was cautioned not drink unfiltered water when possible as my American stomach might not be used to stuff in foreign water or something like that, but I drank the water and ate the food without problems.
For variety we visited the Outrigger next door. You are free to eat there and enjoy the premises so we made a trip over there. The food was pretty good here as well, but the premises are well-kept up and amazing. Lots of pools, and activities and atmosphere. I left feeling like I might be missing out on this at the Bedarra. However, while sitting by the Bedarra pool the next morning waiting for my friend it hit me that I was where I needed to be. I'd come out here to relax and leave the stimulation of Washington, D.C. behind. At the Bedarra I could sit by the pool in peaceful quiet. I could walk over to the beach and enjoy the breeze without commotion. We were the only two in the ocean or on the beach that afternoon - it was all ours. Later on I went to sit in the shade under the palm trees by the beach. I waded alone in the pool at night looking up at the stars in the clear sky above. We were the only ones out there. No waits at the restaurant, and a very laidback environment. If I needed a little more hubbub I could head over to the Outrigger for an evening meal, enjoy the festivity and people seemingly everywhere, but retreat to my quiet room at the Bedarra receiving greetings along the way. You get the best of both worlds. To be fair, the Bendarra does have live music every night, a bar, and people around! The place has stuff going on! Just not as crowded as I felt the Outrigger was. Plus, I think the Bedarra is cheaper.
As we left the musicians and some of the staff sat us down and sang us a departure song. Shaking our hands afterwards they thanked us for staying with them and wished us well. I felt like a celebrity or something with all the personal, not over-bearing attention I recieved here. I wasn't just a number like I think I would feel like at larger resorts.
Would I stay here again? Absolutely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer the personalized, intimate & friendly service of a small Inn with the luxurious accommodation, exquisite cuisine and special attention you'd expect from a large international resort costing twice the price. Our goal is to welcome you as guests, care for you as family and remember you as friends. 2 Great restaurants, unique cocktail bar, pool, lagoon beach, all rooms air-conditioned. Near Outrigger on the Lagoon Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, Wotif.com, Cancelon, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Bedarra Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bedarra Beach Hotel Sigatoka
- Bedarra Beach Inn Fiji/Coral Coast