All reviews mango beachfront bure mosquito net outdoor shower jewellery making coral coast fish feeding kava ceremony island trip activities guys daily activities local village crab race rental car staff were amazing low tide backpackers
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We got a great deal on Expedia, and stayed 3 nights in a bure on the beachfront.
Basic rooms with outdoor shower.
We had a lovely time as it wasn’t that busy, very quiet and relaxing, great snorkelling, friendly staff, lovely meals and beautiful sunsets.
Only negatives were the fly wire over the gaps in roof were torn and a few wasps got into the room.
No internet in room, there is a little shelter you can go to but I kind of liked that.

We’ll stay here again next time.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

First of all, the staff are absolutely lovely and if it wasn't for the staff, there would be no resort. Thanks to all of you for your Fijian friendship!!!!! You are definitely worth more money and respect!!!!

Management/Owners are totally failing this resort by not spending money to maintain and make secure and do urgent upgrades. The bures on the beach are very basic, the views however lovely. There is very little white sandy beach and the advertising photos certainly make out a very different outlook. The food was excellent and again the staff in the restaurant and bar more than helpful. If you require anything make sure you take it with you as it is a little isolated.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

OMG OMG....I’ve paid for a week but after 4 days I decided to leave this crazy place ,wasting the moneys of the last part of my “holidays”.
Photos of the beach are false!!! The tide is very strong I understand,but there is absolutely no beach!
The swimming pool is closed and we cannot use that!
The restaurant is something surreal as also the breakfast, and the staff is very unprofessional.
Chapter a part deserve the “owner” whic for every problem I explained to him ,He answered me with the only sentence He knows”this is Fiji”
So...the mouse’s poo and the mould on / in / under the bad is normal, the broken shower is normal, so I spent 4 days in this place without doing shower...
Please please...Hospitality is a job and it is not a joke. Be aware to this crazy crazy place without any service or samething similar to a resort!

4  Thank ilcavalierenero1927
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Our stay at mango bay was very eventful, I have to say I will miss Marley the most, he was extremely welcoming, a few of our family of 9 took john to watch Fiji Vs Georgia, he took time and care to help my great aunt throughout Suva, other staff members who deserve to get a raise are Tina, Imma/Emma, Wasi, Sedrique (who I accidentally called Wami for our whole stay, oops) and pretty much most of the staff for remembering our names ect.

We had a couple long chats to the owner Bill Duffy, who was a good lad, had some interesting stories to tell, to some other family members but I didn't have much of a problem with him unlike many other reviewers, the rooms which are about $80 were a bit steep, the garden Bures were quite uncomfortable, my parents had to get an upgrade to the nice beachfront Bures, howeverthere was some poo poo in the toilet bowl! Luckily the owner wasn't happy which is good.

The crab racing was fun, but Bruce Lee didn't win and I had a tenna on him. The table tennis/pool competitions and free use of water equipment was a big bonus.

Restaurant was pretty good but could have some more vegetarian options, there could be a bit more cleanliness and attention to detail regarding the bathrooms.

The games room where I spent lots of my time with my cousin was very dirty, looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years, cleaner must be on Fiji time!

The most random part was when a massive pig was walking about, and the kitten was very cutw, I likes mango the dog also.

The gardens and area that Mango bay is situated on is beautiful!

We will be back!

From one Duffy to another

- Jack

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Jack D
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Spent a lovely weekend in a beachfront Bure with my fiance and we were treated like royals. Great food and friendly staff who cater for you like family. Thanks guys, definitely our first choice for affordable accommodation on the Coral Coast. Cheers! See you again soon.