3,390 results
All reviewsbebe spaivi restaurantplantation burebutler servicesundowner barmei meitalai butlera deluxe ocean view roomchampagne and canapeskids clubvale nitapasmeimei servicepeter hopgoodevery afternoonpool aerobicscoral coast
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I try to stay open when reviewing a resort I have been to and this will be just as the other I have done. I recently stayed there with my daughter from April 14th - April 20th. After an exhausting flight from Boston, MA (USA) all I wanted to do was relax and rest before I could begin my vacation.
When I arrived at the resort my room was not ready but I knew this since coming in from LA on a early flight. The front desk did all they could do to accommodate me and it was just a few hours before I was laying in my air chair in one of the Plantation Bure's. Let me tell you, if you want space, quiet and relaxation spend the extra money and get one of these. They are spacious and clean and place to enjoy some time to yourself. Yes, they are a bit old with a outdated décor but I know this is not the St. Regis so it was fine for me. I know they are looking to make some major improvements to the resort in the coming months, so that's really all I can say about that.
The people! It's the people that work at the resort that make this place a great vacation spot. They are not forced to be nice or told to make the guests smile. It's just they way they are. They new me by name after the 2nd day and always made me and my daughter feel welcome.
I do have to make a shout out to the bar staff. The nicest people you could ever meet. Happy hour at 4PM was where I could just relax and laugh with them.

The Food: Not the greatest compared with the buffet that I am accustomed to in the Caribbean. Very little options and the hall that they serve the breakfast in is extremely outdated and to be honest a bit dirty. But, being this is the only option we had to eat there. The other restaurants on the property are great and the food was not too bad either.
The grounds are amazing, clean and always being worked on. The beach was a bit sad for my taste because it is a lagoon and extremely rocky with coral. When I looked into this property online it shows it at high tide and it looks amazing but its anything but. Hang by the pools and enjoy your vacation and meet some great people. That's what I did.

I read a lot about the pricing on the food and drinks and I did not feel they were out of the ordinary. I am used to the All-Inclusive resorts but because the US dollar is strong my bill was extremely reasonable. My tip would be if you like to drink is take advantage of their Happy Hour and save a few bucks.

All in all, this place is amazing and I will definitely return one day. They get 5-Stars because they went over the top to make me feel comfortable. In my real life when I am not on vacation I train people on Customer Rapport and Satisfaction and they have been through training to make your vacation a memorable one.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a Bure. You will not be disappointed
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike D
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Mike D

Bula and sunny greetings from the team at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort.
Thank you for your review - We are absolutely thrilled to read that we were able to deliver such a wonderful holiday experience at our beautiful resort. I also thank you for your comments in regards to our outstanding staff – They truly are our number one asset. I will definitely share your comments with all of the team.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed all of the facilities at the resort. There is seriously so much to do and so many different options for dining and entertainment
Mike D, once again, I thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your Outrigger holiday. All of my team looks forward to catching up with you again when you return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Just heading back to Sydney after a fab 7 day stay at the Outrigger Fiji hotel. We had not visited Fiji for 10yrs and will definitely not leave it so long until our next visit. Was traveling with my husband and two boys (12 and 8) . Resort well setup for families as well as couples. My kids didn't use the kids club as there were so many daily activities going on, basketball comps, swimming races, pool volleyball, snorkeling etc. food choices good and quality good too. Staff always friendly and have to give a special mention to two star staff Dee and Jonathon from the sundowner restaurant. We are their 3 times during our stay as the food was so lovely and the service amazing! We will be back!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank shazzyt2017

Dear Shazzyt2017

A huge “Bula” from the team at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort.
It was great to see you back again at our beautiful resort.
I am delighted to read that you had an outstanding holiday and that you enjoyed the wonderful facilities that we provide at the resort.
Shazzyt2017, once again we thank you for your comments. All of my team looks forward to catching up with you again when next you return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Setting is stuff picture postcards are made of. Rooms are very comfortable and the choice of dining options is varied. What makes this place special is the staff. Terrence our butler covered the centre of our bed with fresh flowers in the shape of a heart to wish us a happy wedding anniversary. What a surprise when we returned from dinner to find this and a personalised card.

Stayed: April 2018

Bula Bob B

Greetings and a very big “Bula” from the team at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort.
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent holiday at our beautiful resort. As you found out, we are truly blessed with the best team of staff that you could ever wish for. They seriously love coming to work and engaging with our guests. I will most definitely share your comments with all of the team.
Thank you for your comments in relation to the activities and facilities at the resort. As you have stated we offer a truly authentic Fijian experience at Outrigger.
Bob B, we thank you for your comments – All of my team looks forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Our family returned to outrigger, after our initial trip in 2015, with a 9 yr old and Nanna (69) in tow. The whole Family, young and old loved it.

The people and familiar faces were amazing, we were worried about the impact of the cyclone and flooding from the tropical storm the week before, but no obvious impacts.

It was amazing, weather was great. It was great to see management investing in maintenance, although this did not impact our stay at all. It’s good to know continuous improvement is in place. Can’t wait to see the results when we next return.

Recommend taking donations of clothing and baby items nappies and formula etc to give back to those that are not as fortunate as we are.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Jo1980_nicholson

A huge “Bula” from the team at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort.
It was great to see you back again at our beautiful resort.
Thank you for your comments in relation to the activities and dining options that we have on offer. I also appreciated your comments regarding our staff at the resort – They are our “Number One” asset. I will most definitely share your comments with all of the team. I also thank you for your comments regarding donations to the local village, hospital and schools.
Jo1980_nicholson, once again we thank you for your comments. All of my team looks forward to catching up with you again when next you return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

I found this resort to be average at best. The check in and check out process was slow and we were billed incorrectly and I'm still not sure if the issue is resolved. The food was good but the drinks were very weak and overpriced. Some of the staff were Fiji friendly, but some were not, particularly the front desk.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carol y
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Carol Y

Bula and Sunny greetings from the Coral Coast! Thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your Outrigger holiday.
I sincerely apologise for the lack of service on your arrival at the resort and also your departure. This is totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
I have met with my team to discuss all of the issues that you have encountered.
Once again, I humbly apologise for this lack of service.
Carol Y, we trust that besides this unfortunate occurrence you enjoyed your time with us. We all look forward to the day when you return for another visit to our beautiful resort.