“Go for the show, not the food. ”
Review of Gecko's Restaurant

Gecko's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 30 Restaurants in Sigatoka
Price range: USD 9 - USD 24
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gecko's Restaurant is located at Gecko's Resort opposite the Shangri La's Fijian Resort and Spa. Breakfast 8am - 10am Lunch 11am - 3pm Dinner 6pm - 9pm Happy Hour 5pm - 7pm
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

We saw all the reviews in the holidaying in Fiji Facebook group about Geckos& their famous fire show. So we made sure we booked & went.

The food was expensive for what it was.. $27aud for looked like defrosted frozen chicken au Mignon with some iceberg lettuce & cucumber.
My kids meals were basic & overpriced & they didn’t like it.
But ..... we went for the show. And it was lovely, engaging & the fire show was awesome.
Cocktails list was also reasonable.
So I’d say Go!! Fun few hours out with lots of laughs, but don’t expect amazing or resort standard food! My kids still had fun & liked playing pool.

1  Thank jmorton08

Reviewed 23 September 2018

My husband and I, our son and his wife and their eleven month-old baby boy dined here last Tuesday night and just purely by chance, Tuesday night is “family night” so there is Polynesian dancing and fire dancing, which we all agreed was fantastic. It’s not a huge restaurant, probably seats about 80 in all,is under cover but open-air, very tropical.
We were staying at the Shangri La Fijian and rang to make a booking for Gecko’s (definitely necessary most nights,) and when we enquired if they did pick-ups from the hotel, they said they could send a taxi to pick us up at the lobby five minutes before our dinner booking which cost us FJD$8 return!! We could certainly have walked because it’s only about 5-10 minutes walk away but I struggle with osteoarthritis and am unable to walk distances. Another alternative for those staying at Shangri La Fijian is to request a buggy to take you to the gate, which is quite a distance to walk, and from there you literally cross the road and walk about 300 metres into Gecko’s.
We loved the food there, the staff and service was wonderful, my daughter-in-law and I both had the lobster mornay (FJD85,) we had already decided that we were having the lobster before we went there!! My husband had a beautiful t-bone and our son had the Indian king prawn curry, all beautifully cooked and presented. We each had an entree, a serve of garlic bread (mmmm..) two of us had cocktails, my husband a wine and our son maybe a couple of beers and the total was FJD$437 so not cheap but considering we had two lobster meals, not too bad. We would happily have eaten there again but simply ran out of nights, but had we gone again we would probably not have done the lobster again, not because we didn’t like it, maybe so it was a bit cheaper because we did spend quite a lot on food and drinks during our two weeks away.
Once we were seated we were asked if we would like to order for the baby, which was fantastic because he needed to be fed earlier rather than later. When we were about half-way through our meal the show started so we were able to sit at the table and watch whilst still eating. Don’t know what it’s like other nights but on the “family night” the children are invited up onto the stage to participate in the singing and dancing, then all the men got up, were asked to take off their shirts, then put through a “Polynesian” song and dance routine, a real giggle!!! I think everyone there that night had a great time, the atmosphere was really friendly and fun. Apparently they have the Polynesian dancing and fire dancing a few nights of the week so best to check before you book, definitely recommend it though. There’s a great bar here also, because Gecko’s is actually a resort where you can stay, which we weren’t aware of, I had just read about the restaurant online.
Anyway, a fabulous night, our little grandson was once again the centre of attention with all the staff, he’s a big baby with a little blonde hair and blue eyes so the Fijians just loves him wherever we went, it was beautiful!
Definitely try Gecko’s Restaurant, we loved it.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Great experience. My family really enjoyed the entertainment and fire show. My 2.5yr old was mesmerised by the fire show. Love how they interact with the visitors.
Food was also nice and lots to choose from.

3  Thank Emily K
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Three visits in ten days!
This restaurant is such a refreshing change from the poor service at the Shangri La.
The staff are beautiful and welcoming and provided excellent service which made us want to return.
The prices are reasonable and a fab cocktail menu!.. shout out to Sam for his awesome cocktails and service!
We enjoyed all our meals and really had no complaints at all. (Though whoever printed the menu needs spelling lessons)
A fair selection of vegetarian dishes which is great.Vege Samosas are soooo nice.
The Dance and fire show were awesome fun on Friday night.
Highly recommend without hesitation

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 18 August 2018

Easy to find and alert fast service, pizzas a plenty and a bonus menue of fine Indian cuisine, vegitarian if needed.

Date of visit: August 2018