All reviews friday and sunday cultural show fire show media room free dvds cultural village coral coast tv reception taxi ride single bed mud crab adjoining rooms felt like home sigatoka town food prices natadola beach nice pool
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Overall the stay was okay for the price we stayed. The rooms are spacious and you enter the room via a balcony door. The pool looks nice but we didn't use it. Great to spend a few days but I wouldn't spend my entire Fiji holiday time here. Quite in the middle of nowhere. You need a car though.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
gr2015699, General Manager at Gecko's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Bula Vinaka UA-Aroundtheworld

Warm Greetings to you from the Team at Gecko’s Resort :)

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay with us, as you found nice pool and spacious room.

Gecko’s Resort is 15 minutes away from the main town and most resorts nearby is 15 to 20 minutes from us. There are lots of places you can visit while staying with us, especially day tours, snorkeling, site seeing, beach trip, Zip-line, school visits, visiting local village, Sand Dunes, animal park, water sports and many more to choose from. Our wonderful team at the reception is always happy to assist you with tours and transportation or having a local experience on a bus ride. You can also choose the activities at the reception or enjoy at our day spa, cultural centre tour, pool table, volley ball, foxtel TV, swimming pool, relaxing at the pool site, and evening with entertainments. Hope this will assist you on your next visit with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Gecko’s Resort.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Vinaka Vakalevu

Reviewed 8 July 2018

We recently stayed for 4 nights and found the Gecko comfortable and clean, staff extremely friendly and helpful, food good and beer cold. We found it to be in a good location to explore the coral coast - mind you we had a car. The staff helped us organise a cruise to one of the islands and could not do enough for us. We loved the entertainment - there seemed to be something on each night. We did not walk through the display on local history until the last day but found it interesting and worth a look. Great value. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at geckos and witnessed an incident which I was horrified at involving another guest who had her 10 yo daughter with her involving the senior Indian management,the daughter was in tears and the police were involved
I was the other guest with them and the other locals had had my other room as it was empty,not being used
It was my first time at geckos and could not fault the staff at all they were all amazing but the senior Indian management not so much and I hope something will be done,as I would like to return and bring my family back with me

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank MelissaE1478
gr2015699, General Manager at Gecko's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Dear Melissa E

Trip advisor is particularly used for productive feedback for any guest that stayed at the Resort, which enables future guest to choose their holiday destination. All guests are entitled to write their views and outlook.

During your stay none of this was raised, as the incident with the police didn’t take place till late evening. It took you 3 weeks to bring this to our attention. We knew you were friends with the guest that was involved with the locals, however the next morning was your early check out and you left happily.
I am so amazed to read your comment, when you met me at the reception, you didn’t felt like leaving us. I can assuredly confirm that you were not around during the incident, through our CCTV footage.

The management and staff work tirelessly to ensure to provide the best and friendly service and to meet the expectation of their stay with us. We always love and appreciate to hear honest and genuine feedback from our guest.

We would have highly assisted you if you had any issues before leaving the resort.

Vinaka Vakalevu

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I have been a regular guest of Gecko's for almost 2 years, visiting 3 to 4 times a year. It was my favourite resort and I always had a warm welcome from staff and locals, until my last visit in June. After a function at a village drinking and participating in a Kava ceremony, I returned to the resort with another guest and a few locals. Although admittedly we were a little loud, we were never asked to keep it down. The next morning the senior Indian manager called me into the office, she tried to make me pay for the local visitors accommodation even though they were staying in the other guests spare room. After it was confirmed the locals stay had been already paid for, the manager called the police. She did this to try and make me pay the remainder of the bill for a stranger whom had left the resort early. She tried to blaim me for them leaving and wanted money out of me. She was verbally abusive and very aggressive. After trying to get me arrested, the police stated there is no legal grounds requiring me to pay a strangers bill and they would not take me into custody as no laws were broken. I have never been so humiliated in my life, it was horrifying especially as she did all this in front of my 10 yr old daughter. My daughter was in tears and scared by the presence of the police. I'm planning to return in August with friends and hope this matter is resolved before then, as I would love to stay at my favourite resort.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
gr2015699, General Manager at Gecko's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear karencoleman71

All guests are valuable to us and we are so happy to look after them during their stay. I have noted your comments and would like to state things that took place at Gecko’s.

You have stated, “you were never asked to keep it down”. From the time you entered the place with locals on that night, our security had been struggling to lower the noise level from your room. We always invite all late drinking guests at the pavilion, so that our in house guests are safe and have peaceful, comfortable stay.

The next morning, two rooms checked out, simply because they were so scared on that night. Unfortunately I was not aware of this at the at night time for your misbehavior with locals in the room.
I found your comments mostly erroneous. We do not charge guest without a reason until they are genuine.

As you checked-in you were advised, no outside guest are to be invited in the rooms for security reasons. Registered guest will be responsible for the behavior of all visitors whilst on the property.
The police would have charged you if we wanted to, as we were generous to see you had 10 year old daughter. Your behavior with the police was not in a pleasant manner as your daughter tried to calm you down and pulled you aside, she is a strong and brave little girl and did the best to look after you.

I am surprised, while you all were drinking in the room with the loud noise; your 10 year old daughter was sitting outside the room till early hours of morning. Also using abusive language and aggressive behavior towards the staff and disrespecting them was inconceivable.

Gecko’s is like a family resort and we look after staff as a family and they look after all our guest as a family.

Vinaka & Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Not a bad little resort, fairly quiet. Good food, nice pool, clean rooms. Interesting cultural exhibit comprising of bures with historical and interesting notes on the walls. this means that you can look and learn at your own speed

Stayed: June 2018

Bula Vinaka Jennifer W

Lots of warm Greetings to you from the wonderful Team at Gecko’s Resort :)

Many thanks for your wonderful review on your stay Gecko’s Resort. It was our pleasure to accommodate you.

Also happy to read that the rooms were clean, comfortable for you and you enjoyed the nice pool. Glad to see that you were impressed with the cultural centre within the premises. To learn more and explore Fijian History through the bures, you can always book an hour tour with the tour guide for free at the reception.

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us.

We really look forward to seeing you soon in the near future.

Vinaka & Warm Regards