This place exceeded all our expectations. All 14 of us and that's hard to do. Truly beautiful villa. We were welcomed upon arrival and our luggage brought to our rooms. The rooms are beautiful. It was amazing to wake up every morning to a beautiful scenery even when it rained. The staff were all awesome and so accommodating. They are excellent cooks and we regret not using more of their services. They made delicious muffins every morning and cooked us our first dinner when we arrived which was delicious. Jenny and Garry were a wealth of information.
The baby sharks were spectacular. Many activities to do. Wish we could have stayed longer!
We would like to thank all the wonderful staff and managers Cheryl and Michael for their fantastic service and making our wedding day extra special.
The weather was out of everyones control but with a trick or two up their sleeve they pulled of the perfect venue, the weather changed and with brilliant sunshine we enjoyed the day completely.
Coral Palms is the perfect place to hold a small wedding, the accommodation is perfect for all ages, the pool was spotless and the house girls so friendly and helpful.
Cheryl and Michael were truly fantastic with eveything from the small details to decorating the bure for the wedding nothing was to much trouble.
From Mr and Mrs Flynn we would like to say a great big thank you for all your hard work
My title says it all. This place is something special. Our family holiday to the Coral Palms was incredible. The location on the reef along the Coral Coast was handy to everything, but so very private and stunningly beautiful.
The staff were amazing, helpful and just adorable. The best.
The facilities, second to none. Everything you could want or imagine. Really comfortable rooms, great outdoor areas. The kitchen and lounge were luxury.
Can't wrap this place enough.
WE WILL BE BACK
Wow what can I say! We booked here with two families of four (4 adults and 4 children under 5) and it felt like home in our own private oasis. We hd ample amount of space for us and the children. We were greeted by our hosts who then showed us around even though it was late at night! From the moment the sun rose and we opened the doors that flowed breezily out into the pool area overlooking the morning tide we were hooked. Our children swam from morning to night. The staff were so friendly and happy to braid our children's hair, show us the snorkelling spots, set up crab racing and even took the kids to feed the baby sharks! Our children were in heaven. We had air con and fans so we're kept comfortable all night! The food was delicious and it was superb not having to make the beds and do the dishes! Elaine happily reccomended sights to see and places to go and helped us to organise shuttles or taxis smoothly. Our children had an absolutely blast and we know that we will be back to enjoy our own little private slice of family island paradise.
Our extended family of 11 (nine adults and two children) had a marvellous week here. We endorse the very positive reviews of many former guests. For us, staying at Coral Palms was much superior to staying at a resort: more congenial, more space, direct access to the reef etc. The caretakers and staff were always friendly and helpful, the three evening meals we had were tasty, the house was attractively presented and well appointed, and the location was hard to beat. Our three year old granddaughter loved Bibi, her babysitter on one night. And the groundsman, Aziz, even organized a fun, informal soccer match at the local village for our five adult sons.
A few points to consider:
1. We thought our 11 was close to the optimum number of guests. More than 14 would mean the facilities/seating would start to get a bit crowded.
2. Probably most guests arrange transfers, however, we came by hire cars and found the directions a bit limited. On the Queen's Highway, there is a sign for Maui Bay but no sign for Maui Bay Road or Coral Palms. Also at Maui Bay, there are two gaps for vehicles in the rendered wall along the Queen's Highway but only one leads to Maui Bay Road and Coral Palms.
3. There are some factors to take into account when allocating rooms. A) Most rooms are acceptably quiet, however, the Coral Suite and attached Coral Room (layout most suited to parents with young children) is closest to the Queens Highway and does have significant traffic noise( see photo). Also, with a cot erected in the Coral Room, access to the only wardrobe in these two rooms is blocked off.
B) It is probably best to put early risers in the Fragipani Suite because of the owners' recommendation to lock up at night for security reasons. Locking up at night means some guests must walk through other bedrooms to access the kitchen/dining area in the morning, until those in the Frangipani Suite unlock this area. Alternatively, you could ignore the locking-up suggestion.
4. A dozen, delicious hot muffins were provided every morning. We initially thought this was restricted to Day One.
5. Some bathrooms do not have shelves/soap holders in their showers which is a bit annoying especially if you have a bad back.
6. We found there was plenty of shampoo, liquid soap( no bar soap) and toilet paper provided for our week's stay, even though the instructions said supplies would only last for a few days. Unfortunately, we had already bought supplies on arrival at Nadi.
7. The mediumu curry we had one night was tasty but extremely mild. We don't usually eat hot curries but decided choosing that option would probably be best .
8. Basic WiFi cost FJD $65 for the week.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|