All reviews short stay close to the airport an overnight stay free shuttle fiji time transit hotel supermarket bounty jetpoint martintar taxis hammocks heaps pacific
Reviewed 30 July 2018

In April 2018 I stayed at this hotel for two nights on my way back to Canada . Fiji was hit by a cyclone and a storm surge caused flood waters to engulf many local businesses and highways. While water did come into my room the staff were wonderful in helping me to move to higher ground and save my luggage. All night the storm raged and everyone gathered in the hotel dining space with no electricity . The building weathered the storm and in the morning the one kitchen staff cooked breakfast on the outdoor bbq. Everyone was well aware of the terrible damage that had occurred and the hotel took in stranded travellers and let them sleep in the lounge. The rooms I used were plain clean and simply furnished and decorated. After my return home my chief memories are of the staff who helped the guests all of whom were stressed and made them feel as safe as possible. Six Fiji natives died the second night and many homes were swept away. It was through the kindness of a local resident that I made it to the airport when many highway routes were impassable. Thanks to the staff I have happy memories despite the cyclone.

Stayed: April 2018
Anna R, Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Bula vivy912, Thank you for posting your review and I am really pleased that you found our staff really went out of their way to look after you. It is really nice to receive such comments and it is gratifying for the staff to see that their efforts are really appreciated.

Thank you once again and we do hope to see you back at Mercure Nadi again in the future.

Regards

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Mercure hotel is nice , liked the stay , nice & friendly staffs , planning for future visits . car park area right to the room - really nice . breakfast was good . discount was given for accor cards .

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Anna R, Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Bula jnaidu75, Many thanks for your very nice comments and for rating us so highly.

We do hope to see you back again in the future.

Vinaka and kind regards

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Recently stayed here end of June 2018 for 3 nights as a base to be close to Denarau without the price tag! I have seen other reviews which vary. I found my room to be clean and tidy, and sufficient for my needs. It had tea/coffee making facilities, a TV with basic channels including a movie channel. The bathroom was clean and tidy and supplied with nice toiletries. I found the bed comfortable. The downside I found is that the aircon cannot be temperature controlled but I learnt that if I moved the vent slats then it wasn't right on me. It's an old style aircon system that is a little noisier than others but I slept okay with it on. I found the breakfast to be nice, and also enjoyed the lunch and dinner options that I experienced. The included shuttle to the airport was a great bonus. If you're only stopping through Nadi for a few nights this place is perfectly fine. There is a supermarket on the same side as the Mercure within a few minutes walk, and there is a KFC and Pizza place just a little further.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank gemgal72
Vaseva N, Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Bula Vinaka gemgal72,
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. It is a reward of a job well done. We are happy that we met your expectation during you recent stay with us in all areas of our Hotel. Yes we are a very old hotel and we always ensure that all our guest are looked after well when they stay with.
Please visit us again
Kind Regards

Vaseva Natadra

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Very friendly staff and good location for shops main road and buses or taxis.
With Nadi Town fairly close and Denarau not far it is a convenient place to stay.
The pool is small but relaxing.
Airport close enough to hear the planes occasionally.
Rooms a bit dated needing TLC and would improve with better room service .
Standard rooms not up to scratch ,deluxe rooms better.

Room Tip: Ask for a Deluxe room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julian S
Anna R, Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Bula Julian S,Thank you for taking the time to share such lovely feedback on Mercure Nadi and I will certainly share your review with our team. Thank you for drawing to my attention the room service and I will ask our housekeeping team to look into this.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We spent a night in the Mercure Nadi at the end of a fabulous 5 days in the Yasawa Islands. We didn’t have high expectations of the Mercure but it didn’t meet them. First the positives - the staff were friendly and mainly helpful. However, The room was pretty awful. The air conditioner was on its last legs and was not adjustable. It vibrated and clanked at times which made for a restless sleep. Cushions on the bed were plain grubby ( though the linen was fine). The restaurant was mediocre at best.
I have stayed at many Mercure Hotels and usually found them fine. This one was not up to scratch. Wouldn’t stay there again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Anna R, Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Bula jimcC263QM,

Thank you for posting such an extensive review. We always like to receive positive feedback but it is also really useful to hear about those areas where we need to make improvements.

I have instructed our Maintenance team to carefully check noise of the air conditioning units in all our floors

I also note your comments about the cushions on the beds and I have pass on to our Housekeeper

We do hope to see you back again and we will do our best to make improvements to the areas that you have commented on.

Vinaka
Assistant Manager

I do note that you found most of our staff friendly and helpful. I have reiterated to all staff that we do aspire for all staff to be friendly and professional all times.

Thank you again for your review and should you decide to return I will make it my personal mission to ensure that we do provide you with a good experience.