All reviews short stay close to the airport an overnight stay free shuttle fiji time transit hotel supermarket bounty jetpoint martintar taxis hammocks heaps pacific
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We spent a night in the Mercure Nadi at the end of a fabulous 5 days in the Yasawa Islands. We didn’t have high expectations of the Mercure but it didn’t meet them. First the positives - the staff were friendly and mainly helpful. However, The room was pretty awful. The air conditioner was on its last legs and was not adjustable. It vibrated and clanked at times which made for a restless sleep. Cushions on the bed were plain grubby ( though the linen was fine). The restaurant was mediocre at best.
I have stayed at many Mercure Hotels and usually found them fine. This one was not up to scratch. Wouldn’t stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Bula jimcC263QM,

Thank you for posting such an extensive review. We always like to receive positive feedback but it is also really useful to hear about those areas where we need to make improvements.

I have instructed our Maintenance team to carefully check noise of the air conditioning units in all our floors

I also note your comments about the cushions on the beds and I have pass on to our Housekeeper

We do hope to see you back again and we will do our best to make improvements to the areas that you have commented on.

Vinaka
Assistant Manager

I do note that you found most of our staff friendly and helpful. I have reiterated to all staff that we do aspire for all staff to be friendly and professional all times.

Thank you again for your review and should you decide to return I will make it my personal mission to ensure that we do provide you with a good experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Was greeted cordially on arrival helpful staff assisted with luggage to my room clean and comfortable room problem when I decided to eat at their restaurant after waiting for nearly half an hour for a menu I walked up to the person taking orders waited another 10minutes for the person to acknowledge me very rude and abrupt person at the desk taking orders I had to be nice and cordial on her behalf as well as mine before she even listened to what I wanted eventually after another 30 to 45minutes of waiting for food to arrive it was served to me the waitress was kind enough but food was extremely expensive very small serve
Hotel premises is good but dont expect much from those serving you in the restaurant area

Trip type: Travelled solo
Anna R, Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Bula Prakash L,Thanks for posting your review and I apologies that the experience did not meet your expectations

I was very disappointed to see that we failed in our food and beverage department.I have already spoken to our Food & Beverage Manager and Chef to ensure that we do follow the correct procedure.

I assure you that I do take your comments extremely seriously. I promise that we will do our best to ensure that this doesn't happen again.

Once again many thanks for your review and hopefully that we will see you again at Mercure Nadi

Regards

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I spent a two days here but checked out when I realised the pool kept getting closed because it wasn't hygienic enough to swim in. The facilities are run down but there is evidence of some updating with the furniture and beds in the rooms. My shower leaked more water from the nozzle down the wall than came out the head so bathing was a challenge. Lunch and Dinner menus are essentially the same and soup is either tomato or clear vegetable broth. Be sure to check your bill at the end of the meal because they charged me the wrong price for items e.g. changing 32 to 35 for items until I pointed it out. They also haven't updated their menus to reflect items no longer served included no draught/on tap beer only bottled beer which is more expensive.
Despite these issues the staff are all generally very friendly and helpful and it obvious from some of the older NZ and Australian clientele that they return specifically to this hotel every year or so. There were some families staying at the hotel as well but they also checked out due to the issues with the pool. Hopefully it is sorted for your stay, they had someone working on it when I left.

Room tip: while you have to climb two flights of narrow stairs, get a room on the third floor to the rear of the hotel, it is much quieter.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Anna R, Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Bula Greg B,Thank you for posting your review and I apologies that we didn't meet your expectations

I have instructed our Maintenance team to check our bathroom shower.

I also note your comments about the charging of the meals and the lunch and dinner menus and I have passed this on to our F & B Supervisor to be aware.

Vinaka and kind regards

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Read all the reviews and make your own opinion. The Mercure is a good, well located stopover/short stay hotel. The rooms are basic/motel style, and ours was clean and we slept well. The staff are very friendly, we got a free shuttle from/to the airport, and they looked after our bag in the luggage room while we did an overnight visit to Suva. I give 3 out of 5 based on the room quality and comparison to other hotels in Nadi/Denarau. It would be good if the owners could (at some point) invest in upgrades here, but not sure if the location will ever make this hotel your Fiji vacation destination, as this is really somewhere to stay for Nadi Airport & Nadi Town. And the Korean Restaurant nearby is very good too,

Room tip: Ask for a pool view
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Anna R, Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Bula Joe_90_Dublin,
Thanks so much for your review and very nice comments.

We do try very hard to provide a good experience and it is really great when our guests acknowledge this.

We do hope to see you back again in the future.

Vinaka and kind regards

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Nice buffet BF each day. Entire front desk Staff always vey helpful! Room had both a double bed and a single bed. Hotel located off the main road between the Intl. airport and Nadi. Supermarket and fast food within a 5 minute walk.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Anna R, Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Bula RickCFburg, Thank you for the great review, I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and found our front office staff helpful
We look forward for your next stay with us

Regards